The great Vicente saga - 2012 edition [All quite exciting in the end]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'd *LOVE* to know how the Argus know how he is unhappy. Do we really think he is going around Valencia telling all and sundry how pissed off he is the club activated the 2nd year clause? Of course not, at best they spoke to his agent or someone close to him. Of course his agent is upset if other clubs are sniffing around, as it means that any sign on fee, is going to BHAFC, rather than the agent, in the form of a transfer fee.

Just agent playing games I reckon. If Vicente is REALLY that unhappy about coming back to the UK, then so be it, and I imagine the club may reduce the asking price for him, but I think more likely we are making sure he doesnt end up at another Championship or Premiership club.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Have a look at today's Argus and you'll see why I am so pessimistic.

So you believe everything that the Argus prints, they are in business to sell papers, (as are the Spanish ones people keep quoting) and if the can spin a story to sell more, the they will.
For what its worth, i think the club have taken the one year option to prevent him being a free agent and to stop your Readings and Southamptons sniffing around.
He is probably after a better deal for this season than he was on last season because he is now over his injuries and will be playing every week.
I still feel he will our player this season.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I wonder if the reason we activated the clause was because of interest in this country ?

Maybe we were happy to let him go back to Spain if he didn't stay with us, but if an English club has become interested why should we just let him leave for free

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Doesn't want to play for us again,wants to stay in Spain but still in talks with us.
hmm.gif

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Have a look at today's Argus and you'll see why I am so pessimistic.

I was chatting to someone yesterday, and said that if I was Vicente, I'd want to know who the club was signing and how competitive we looked before I signed again. He is a class apart and deserves to be in a team either competing at the top of the Championship, or in the Premier League.

I honestly don't have a problem he is taking his time. Much better that he makes the right decision for himself, and if that means considering other offers, so be it.

Still optimistic that once he's assessed all his options, and given our signings plus perhaps a couple more, then he'll come back for a fantastic season tearing up the Championship along the way.

I don't really give a shit a few fans are losing patience, so bloody what, we're not even at the end of June, get over yourselves!

Surely when Gus mentioned that the Club might not invoke the second season, Vicente was a broken man who might never return to quality football. If he had signed a crocked player that didn't come good, we would all be saying don't invoke the second year.

After turning Vicente's career around, it is reasonable to expect a return, either from a second season, or financial recompense.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Yep I always do that is 'pro evo' too, when player asked for silly wages (as they often do after scoring a few goals), agree the contract then put them straight on the transfer list to get a decent fee.!

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I was chatting to someone yesterday, and said that if I was Vicente, I'd want to know who the club was signing and how competitive we looked before I signed again. He is a class apart and deserves to be in a team either competing at the top of the Championship, or in the Premier League.

I honestly don't have a problem he is taking his time. Much better that he makes the right decision for himself, and if that means considering other offers, so be it.

Still optimistic that once he's assessed all his options, and given our signings plus perhaps a couple more, then he'll come back for a fantastic season tearing up the Championship along the way.

I don't really give a shit a few fans are losing patience, so bloody what, we're not even at the end of June, get over yourselves!

This 100%

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think that if he was that p....d off with us he would have spoken to his team mate at Valencia and advised him not to sign for us. Surely Bruno would have spoken to him when we approached him before committing himself to us.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

It's not a question of the fans losing patience, it's about the club being able to prepare properly for next season and protect it's interests. Given how key Vicente is to the side, if he is not here we will have to make a quite an adjustment and indeed it may influence our choice of transfer targets in what remains of the close season.

I do not have problem with Vicente deciding he'd rather go back to Spain, but he is contracted for one more season and we have to get on with getting ready for next season, we cannot put plans on hold because he cannot come to a decision.

However given that we have no direct quotes from either Vicente or his agent we could all be getting ourselves in a frenzy over nothing. I would prefer, however, that this was resolved sooner rather than later so we can get on with planning our 2012/13 campaign with as many pieces in place as early as possible.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It's not a question of the fans losing patience, it's about the club being able to prepare properly for next season and protect it's interests. Given how key Vicente is to the side, if he is not here we will have to make a quite an adjustment and indeed it may influence our choice of transfer targets in what remains of the close season.

I do not have problem with Vicente deciding he'd rather go back to Spain, but he is contracted for one more season and we have to get on with getting ready for next season, we cannot put plans on hold because he cannot come to a decision.

However given that we have no direct quotes from either Vicente or his agent we could all be getting ourselves in a frenzy over nothing. I would prefer, however, that this was resolved sooner rather than later so we can get on with planning our 2012/13 campaign with as many pieces in place as early as possible.

The club have him contracted for another year, and have said he is expected, as is the full team, back to training next Monday. Whats the problem ?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
WE will not get the direct quotes, Gus will and the club will tell us when they know, until then everyone is guessing and pissing in the wind

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Someone tweets that looks like he will go for two-year deal with Elche citing personal reasons to get out of BHAFC contract.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The reason I'm relaxed is whilst he is brilliant etc etc , our record without him was play off form and with him relegation form. Also getting a whole injury free season out of him is a massive massive unknown. Of course nothing ever that clear cut but point is its not shit or bust. The likely 500k and wage saving would enable another quality player to join and push us on. I will love it if he happily comes but win win if he doesn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports