Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Great Palace 2013 managerial farce. 31 days...THEY FOUND ONE!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe we know we are wasting our time, how you can gloat about us doing something you have not done and certainly will not this year(or in the near future as far I can see) whilst taking the pish out of us is unfathomable.
:

You are indeed wasting your time, and the gloating from your end seems to have stopped, coinciding with your drop to the bottom of the league. Should you win another game this season no doubt you all be back again.

You really don't get why there's some piss taking about your season?

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Maybe we know we are wasting our time, how you can gloat about us doing something you have not done and certainly will not this year(or in the near future as far I can see) whilst taking the pish out of us is unfathomable.
Or maybe we have accepted that BHA are better than us and have the more passionate fans :facepalm: :lol:
Dont worry about being in the Premier though as long as you are PLR :lolol:

You’ve done something that we haven’t done. You went into administration twice, had all your debts written off, started with a clean financial slate, twice, which helped you get promoted, then came and waved a wad of money at us in an effort to sign three or four of our players.

And you wonder why we don’t like the way you do things?

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
You are indeed wasting your time, and the gloating from your end seems to have stopped, coinciding with your drop to the bottom of the league. Should you win another game this season no doubt you all be back again.

You really don't get why there's some piss taking about your season?

Actually not so much, If you had gone up how do you think you lot would have done? you would have been on pretty much the same position

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Actually not so much, If you had gone up how do you think you lot would have done? you would have been on pretty much the same position

Our startiing position would have been similar - a squad that needed serious improvements. I'd like to think that we actually WOULD have improved ours.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

No because we have a professional set up behind the scenes and a stadium set up to fully to reep the rewards from premier league crowds and sponsorship. Our manager and chairman wouldn't have had to spend whole evenings watching DVD's to identify some good players to sign. Our director of football and his scouting network would have done that.

Also half our money wouldn't have needed to be spent on making the ground up to snuff to avoid being looked at as a joke in the league. All the promotion money could have been invested in players rather then tarting (putting a band aid on a gaping wound in Selhurst Parks case) up the ground.

Our prospects would have been much greater had we been promoted. There has been apparently no strategy behing Palace's dealings, failing to significant upgrade your defence will cost you and spending such a large amount on Gayle and then not playing him seems more then a little foolish oh as well as wasting money on players that didn't make the 25.

Last edited:

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
You’ve done something that we haven’t done. You went into administration twice, had all your debts written off, started with a clean financial slate, twice, which helped you get promoted, then came and waved a wad of money at us in an effort to sign three or four of our players.

And you wonder why we don’t like the way you do things?

:bla: :bla: :bla:

Without Bloom you would not be where you are, it is not the way "we" do things, it is how our owners do things. One day your owner/s may screw up.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
No because we have a professional set up behind the scenes and a stadium set up to fully to reep the rewards from premier league crowds and sponsorship. Our manager and chairman wouldn't have had to spend whole evenings watching DVD's to identify some good players to sign. Our director of football and his scouting network would have done that.

Also half our money wouldn't have needed to be spent on making the ground up to snuff to avoid being looked at as a joke in the league. All the promotion money could have been invested in players rather then tarting (putting a band aid on a gaping wound in Selhurst Parks case) up the ground.

Our prospects would have been much greater had we been promoted. There has been apparently no strategy behing Palace's dealings, failing to significant upgrade your defence will cost you and spending such a large amount on Gayle and then not playing him seems more then a little foolish oh as well as wasting money on players that didn't make the 25.

It was not half the money on the ground but if that makes you feel better. Once again some of our signings were baffling as were the lack of defenders, but that does not mean that it would have been different for BHA, it is not a case of who we/you wanted but a case of who was willing to come.
As for being PLR, I am BLR(billionaire ready) does not mean I ever bloody will be one though

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

We'd still have had the fall out from Gus, he was gone whatever happened which would have still derailed our season initially. Hard to say but I doubt we'd have had such a scattergun approach to buying players. I agree we'd have struggled but I believe we might have done more research into the quality of players we bought. I'd be fascinated to know if Bloom would still have gone with the inexperienced Oscar though. Again it would have been interesting to see what he could have done with an influx of Premier League players who may have been more able to adapt to his style. Obviously the quality of the players we were playing against would have made his task that much harder.

Be honest now, did you really expect to be so out of your depth this season??

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We'd still have had the fall out from Gus, he was gone whatever happened which would have still derailed our season initially. Hard to say but I doubt we'd have had such a scattergun approach to buying players. I agree we'd have struggled but I believe we might have done more research into the quality of players we bought. I'd be fascinated to know if Bloom would still have gone with the inexperienced Oscar though. Again it would have been interesting to see what he could have done with an influx of Premier League players who may have been more able to adapt to his style. Obviously the quality of the players we were playing against would have made his task that much harder.

Be honest now, did you really expect to be so out of your depth this season??

I wonder if Gus going would have been neater if we got promoted. Perhaps there would have been a bit more goodwill, having delivered on the promise land, the club may have been more inclined to offer a pay off rather than go through the disciplinary route. Smiles all round, Oscar in quickly.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
That may well be the case but it makes sense for organisations like football clubs to put in place measures should the scale of their operations suddenly expand unfortunately Palace didn't so your chairman and manager spent a summer of sleepless nights trying to scout players with little or no plan. This ultimately will be your downfall and the fact your looking likely to get in Coleman as manager highlights how poor your prospects are.

It would have been quite different for us we had a list if players to sign at the end of last season whether we were promoted or not, our scouting system is excellent with our DoF a scouting manager, European and English scouts as well as full time video scouts. It's a system which I believe would dwarf Palace's considering the interviews recently given that the Chairman was having nights staying up and watching DVDs at the end of the days that's a woeful way to go about getting players in.

Maybe not half but that million or so patching up the stadium could have gone on some wages we won't have any of that spend.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
I honestly thought Palace would make more of a fist of it this season - plucky S.London underdogs and all that.

It's a bit shocking how they are imploding and offering such a withering hand.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm sure that wasn't alone in predicting a bottom 3 finish for Palace this season; I never expected it to be such a car crash though. I stand by my assertion that, regardless of the parachute payments, a disastrous season in the Premier League can do more harm than staying at a level where you're not out of your depth for a couple more years.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I think we can all agree that if Palace come out the next group of fixtures with anything less than 6 points (thats me being kind) then they are certainly screwed.

West Brom Vs Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace V Everton
Hull V Crystal Palace
Norwich V Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace V West Ham
Crystal Palace V Cardiff

Fantastic time to not have a new manager in yet.....

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think we can all agree that if Palace come out the next group of fixtures with anything less than 6 points (thats me being kind) then they are certainly screwed.

West Brom Vs Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace V Everton
Hull V Crystal Palace
Norwich V Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace V West Ham
Crystal Palace V Cardiff

Fantastic time to not have a new manager in yet.....

yep most of those can be considered relatively "easy" fixtures in the Premier League, Everton apart.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
:bla: :bla: :bla:

Without Bloom you would not be where you are, it is not the way "we" do things, it is how our owners do things. One day your owner/s may screw up.

Our owners did screw up. Bill Archer and David Bellotti all but destroyed the club, they bankrupted it, and they left it homeless, so that the club had to rebuild from next-to-nothing.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
You ask a question. Get an honest answer. Don't like it. So you're rude.

Troll.

How is it trolling you idiot, I gave the kind of response that the little diatribe warranted. Whenever a BHA fan has no answer or intelligent response they revert to the you were in admin twice bullshit, which translates roughly to when it comes to football we cannot really insult you so lets revert to the fallback position of Admins

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here