Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Great Palace 2013 managerial farce. 31 days...THEY FOUND ONE!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Ex Palace player and local lad Andy Thorn seems a good fit.

In fact he should have got the job instead of Holloway.

It makes so much sense and I'd back Charming fully if he makes this choice :thumbsup:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Aitor Karanka is 25/1 with Stan James. This would simply be a rhyming slang, comedy gold SLAM DUNK. That's pretty much all my gags written in advance.

MAKE IT HAPPEN PRINCE CHARMING!

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I find this thread rather embarrassing.At worst palace will start next season in the championship but with a season in the EPL behind them & parachute payments to look forward to.
At best we will start next season in the championship as it stands at the moment.

Plus the fact that palace beat us to get into the premier league.

I know which team I would rather be at the moment.

I think we should focus on our issues rather than theirs.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I find this thread rather embarrassing.At worst palace will start next season in the championship but with a season in the EPL behind them & parachute payments to look forward to.
At best we will start next season in the championship as it stands at the moment.

As it stands at the moment, the best is we will finish first place. We can still finish the season on over 100 points (I think 114?) which would almost certainly be enough for a first place finish. It might not be likely, but it is "the best" available fate for us as things stand.

Last edited:

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade

So do I.

Parrish stated he wanted Pulis - therefore anyone else is "sloppy seconds" - which is most appropriate for the "Old Whore of South London"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What I like about this thread is that it is proof that all the Palace trolls that have infested this site since the play off semi final second leg have pretty well all fecked off. Who'd have thought a Palace thread would only get to just 29 posts in a couple of days, and not a Palace fan in sight? Love it, for all their chest puffing about their windfall they are really suffering where it matters most to football fans....on the pitch.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Can't say that I am in the least bit jealous of getting beaten week in, week out. The clocks have only just gone back, and any Palace fan I know just wants the season over already.

Naah, wouldn't want to be in their shoes. I much prefer going to games with a genuine expectation of coming away with a win.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Palace fans must be excited..

Hasn't Appleton had his 3 day stint as gaffer yet?
I've had longer holidays than he had held jobs!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Parrish stated he wanted Pulis - therefore anyone else is "sloppy seconds" - which is most appropriate for the "Old Whore of South London"
Has Prince Charming got a second job ??? :lol:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Really? Even when we were bottom of the Football league I still knew I wanted to be a Brighton fan, not a Palace one.

Not to mention that Palace are going to have a shit season and their parachute payments are already spent on inflated wages for all their new signings.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
What I like about this thread is that it is proof that all the Palace trolls that have infested this site since the play off semi final second leg have pretty well all fecked off. Who'd have thought a Palace thread would only get to just 29 posts in a couple of days, and not a Palace fan in sight? Love it, for all their chest puffing about their windfall they are really suffering where it matters most to football fans....on the pitch.

Maybe we know we are wasting our time, how you can gloat about us doing something you have not done and certainly will not this year(or in the near future as far I can see) whilst taking the pish out of us is unfathomable.
Or maybe we have accepted that BHA are better than us and have the more passionate fans :facepalm: :lol:
Dont worry about being in the Premier though as long as you are PLR :lolol:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
As it stands at the moment, the best is we will finish first place. We can still finish the season on over 100 points (I think 114?) which would almost certainly be enough for a first place finish. It might not be likely, but it is "the best" available fate for us as things stand.

I don't think the champions will need 114 points this season. All of the top teams are going to drop points this term. QPR look most likely and, despite the hype, they're not the all conquering force that I feared.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Can't say that I am in the least bit jealous of getting beaten week in, week out. The clocks have only just gone back, and any Palace fan I know just wants the season over already.

Naah, wouldn't want to be in their shoes. I much prefer going to games with a genuine expectation of coming away with a win.

Do you really have that genuine expectation at the moment?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Palace always seem to come out on top in my lifetime except a couple of exceptions . The new stadium we all thought would be our time but typical palace push on above us again .

It's just not worth worrying about them unless you enjoy repeated kicks to the knackers

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Re: Palace fans must be excited..

Palace always seem to come out on top in my lifetime except a couple of exceptions . The new stadium we all thought would be our time but typical palace push on above us again .

It's just not worth worrying about them unless you enjoy repeated kicks to the knackers

Bit defeatist that mate! Palace were VERY lucky last year. They are lucky that although they were really quite terrible they scraped through to the play offs, then they were very fortunate that Poyet dropped his bombshell just before our match with them. Even palace fans I know couldn't believe they'd gone up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here