** The Great Escape Festival **

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Definitely the best Great Escape I've been to - highlights for me were Toy, Pond, The Longcut, Savages, Hatcham Social, The Suicide of Western Culture, Odonis Odonis, Agent Side Grinder, Black Belles, Porcelain Raft, A Winged Victory for the Sullen, The Naturals, 8ott, Tall Ships, The Louche and Ghost Outfit.

As Corgi's already said, a great chilled-out vibe everywhere. Ended up in the Pav Tav's Manchester-by-Sea night two nights out of three until the sun came up. I was a bit of a wreck yesterday - but slowly recuperating and detoxing! Amazing weekend.

Glad you enjoyed it too. I must have just missed you at The Naturals- we were fairly near the front. Noise was pretty immense, the guy behind me had ear plugs in- far too sensible. Managed to get tickets for K6 whilst in town Saturday. Looks like Keith Allen will be attending!! Hope its as good as the others which I am sure it will be. Hope to see some more Savages soon. They really are very good.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Glad you enjoyed it too. I must have just missed you at The Naturals- we were fairly near the front. Noise was pretty immense, the guy behind me had ear plugs in- far too sensible.

Went to the second one, at Coalition - not the one at Green Door Store. There weren't many people there and I was at the front so would have definitely spotted you... See you at K6!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Went to the second one, at Coalition - not the one at Green Door Store. There weren't many people there and I was at the front so would have definitely spotted you... See you at K6!

Well trust it was as loud then! The band after they played at Green Door- Amatorski worth a look. See you on 1st June- a mixed set I understand so plenty to look forward to.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Definitely the best Great Escape I've been to - highlights for me were Toy, Pond, The Longcut, Savages, Hatcham Social, The Suicide of Western Culture, Odonis Odonis, Agent Side Grinder, Black Belles, Porcelain Raft, A Winged Victory for the Sullen, The Naturals, 8ott, Tall Ships, The Louche and Ghost Outfit.

As Corgi's already said, a great chilled-out vibe everywhere. Ended up in the Pav Tav's Manchester-by-Sea night two nights out of three until the sun came up. I was a bit of a wreck yesterday - but slowly recuperating and detoxing! Amazing weekend.

The Suicide of Western Culture were awesome. Had a chat with one of them afterwards and he kindly dug out a CD from his bag and gave it to me :thumbsup:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Any excuse to open an old thread-

Got my tickets for Great Escape 2013 today! Just £38 which includes booking fee for three days/nights of live music. That's what I call value for money.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Line up for 2013 has been announced today.

Many more to be added.

Info on Great Escape website.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I wish they would feckin stop spamming twitter today.

I have to say aside from Bastille and To Kill a King who I only know through a friend that knows some of the band members, and How to Dress Well who are OK I haven't got a scooby who any of the rest are.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I haven't got a scooby who any of the rest are.

In the main, t's a festival for new and/or unsigned bands so chances are you will not know many bands. This is part of the fun though. It's a cracking festival.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
In the main, t's a festival for new and/or unsigned bands so chances are you will not know many bands. This is part of the fun though. It's a cracking festival.

I know I've been the last 4 years! I've already bought tickets for 2 festivals this year so not sure about this one it's cheap and on my door step so may as well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I know I've been the last 4 years! I've already bought tickets for 2 festivals this year so not sure about this one it's cheap and on my door step so may as well.

Oh. I do beg your pardon. Which other fezzies are you going to?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All Tomorrow's Parties (Weekend 2) and Primavera, also thinking about the All Tomorrow's Parties 2 day Grizzly Bear and Yeah Yeah Yeah's thing at Alexandra's Palace but Brighton are at home on the Sarurday.

The Primavera line up is pretty good.

- - - Updated - - -

All Tomorrow's Parties (Weekend 2) and Primavera, also thinking about the All Tomorrow's Parties 2 day Grizzly Bear and Yeah Yeah Yeah's thing at Alexandra's Palace but Brighton are at home on the Sarurday.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

- - - Updated - - -

It's always very solid the only problem is the bands clash monumentally and you end up rushing round like a mentalist... so maybe not the most cost effective when you include flights and a place to stay. Hoping they'll hold one in Berlin at some point...

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I looked into going to Optimus Primavera in Porto but for two of us it was getting on for £600 and that was without accommodation. No mention of camping option on the website. Line up is pretty decent though.
As for the Great Escape Line Up- always has been about new music with the odd random better known act thrown in. Cant wait- its my favourite festival in the best city in the UK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports