[Politics] The government is urging children to sing this song on June 25

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Deleted

Duplicate post.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Mate, there has been liberal leftie teachers spewing their politics for decades, to brainwash the young and vulnerable. Fortunately when they leave school they get a real perspective of the world and our country, hence the proper drubbing labour and the liberal continue to get.

Little Britain moron right here.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Brighton
Hove
Preston Park
London Road
Moulsecoomb
Falmer
Aldrington
Portslade
Fishersgate
Kemptown
Devils Dyke
Golf Course Halt
Holland Road Halt

Dreizehn Bahnhöfe

Rowan Avenue Halt.
Hartington Road Halt
Lewes Road Halt.

D

Deleted member 2719

It depends what they're waving it for.

To unite the country, seems a pretty straight forward thing to do, would you rather we have in fighting?

Yep, let's have faith in our now pissy little island economy as we... oh, I really can't be arsed.

Too little, too late.

Great attitude.

any examples of this?

Plenty, kids come in every day saying some bloke with sandals on tried saying the government has this or that wrong. Wrong uns and should not be allowed to teach kids. Fingers crossed you do not wear sandals and teach.

You have a point, this song thing is unifying an awfully large part of the country together. Just not in favour of the song...
Or is it just the bitter ones who shout within their bubble at anything that the government do?

There is nothing wrong with it, just a pity those telling us to do the waving set alight to it first

Proof of this, please?

Little Britain moron right here.

That's fine abuse is what you guys live on and even worse those that encourage abuse with thumbs up.

Any other points on why you would not want to support the country in which you live in?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
To unite the country, seems a pretty straight forward thing to do, would you rather we have in fighting?

Great attitude.

Plenty, kids come in every day saying some bloke with sandals on tried saying the government has this or that wrong. Wrong uns and should not be allowed to teach kids. Fingers crossed you do not wear sandals and teach.

Or is it just the bitter ones who shout within their bubble at anything that the government do?

Proof of this, please?

That's fine abuse is what you guys live on and even worse those that encourage abuse with thumbs up.

Any other points on why you would not want to support the country in which you live in?

why do no right wing people teach?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
why do no right wing people teach?

I had a look at his post. It's drivel. Any teacher propagating any political agenda would be warned, suspended and then out on his/her ear, according to standard disciplinary process.

I suspect what he actually objects to is teachers teaching the national curriculum (which doesn't map to his childish and perverse view of the world).

Or maybe it's simply something he's made up, or something that someone else has made up for him, and posted on one of the right wing web sites of the sort that would incur a ban were links posted on NSC. ???

:lolol:

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003

Any other points on why you would not want to support the country in which you live in?[/QUOTE]

For most sane people making kids sing "Strong Britain, One Nation," is enforced patriotism and has no place in a schools system that is meant to promote open thinking.

If the Tories want kids to feel nationalistic pride perhaps they could start with the basics, such as tackling child poverty, food banks and racism.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I had a look at his post. It's drivel. Any teacher propagating any political agenda would be warned, suspended and then out on his/her ear, according to standard disciplinary process.

I suspect what he actually objects to is teachers teaching the national curriculum (which doesn't map to his childish and perverse view of the world).

Or maybe it's simply something he's made up, or something that someone else has made up for him, and posted on one of the right wing web sites of the sort that would incur a ban were links posted on NSC. ???

:lolol:

Not in its entirety at the very least, but there are plenty areas of overlap :eek:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Having listened to the song a couple of times, the thought of my son singing that in his class makes me feel a bit queasy. It's just all a bit dictator-y.

I'm all for uniting the country after arguably one of the most divisive decades in modern times, but forced patriotism isn't the way. I'm also all for being proud of my country, I just think it's more important that we act in a way that makes me proud, rather than drape ourselves in flags and sing a rubbish ditty whilst racism is still vocally espoused, child poverty rises, as does homelessness and food bank usage continues. I'm not sure how a song fixes those problems.

Incidentally, it's great to see that it's "One Britain". No Northern Island then? Words fail me...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Well given that the only person on here who seems to be defending it is you and the list of posters on this thread comes from across the political spectrum I'll let you draw your own judgement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here