Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The government is urging children to sing this song on June 25

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fun? Sex, drugs and rock'n'roll is fun. Violence. Video games. All fun. Being forced to sing some Mickey Mouse shite about how great the nation is - not fun.

Nail. Head.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
All I can say is these people have a ****ing weird idea about what is worth celebrating in this country.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Wow mate! Did you sleep through the 80s and Maggie Thatcher?

Whether you were pro or anti, it takes a real stretch of the imagination not to describe her as the most divisive PM in living memory.

Whatever Boris and his 'friends' have done, they haven't actually started a year-long running battle between whole towns and the Police... yet!

You’re the second person to make that point, and point taken.

I think there is a difference, though, in that Thatcher was “sorting out the unions”, and the divisiveness was a side-effect, albeit a major one - I did actually join a delegation to go and see my MP about the closing of coal-mines.

In my view, and that of many others, Johnson is doing it deliberately, divide and rule being a well-known fascist tactic.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Just so sad that what was possibly originally intended as a positive, fun and feel good message for kids about their home has been hijacked by two sides who see politics in every shred of life.

Just as sad, but oh so predictably funny, is the pretty much one sided echo chamber that most of the NSC political types choose to exist in, is frothing at the mouth like a rabid dog.

It’s responses like yours which are the funniest - silly twisted boy.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
One in every house on this fair isle.

7BD16E05-A0E8-42C0-8FF1-4313A84BDE14.jpeg

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I have no interest in discussing it because it has been decided. I have accepted the result and have moved on. Unfortunately, many people are still bitter and express that feeling through other subjects, including one about a song being sung by kids at school. Just browse through the anti Boris remarks on this thread. It is word for word what has been flung at him ever since the Referendum result. These posters then have the cheek to call others divisive !

Absolute twaddle.

People have moved on and accepted Brexit, especially as the government has done it so well (joke).

But he and his government are being deliberately divisive - adopting policies like reducing foreign aid because they believe the red wall voters will like it……. And blow everyone else.

And Priti Patel saying at one point that her immigration proposals would “send the left in to meltdown”, and banging on (as has Johnson) about lefty lawyers. Deliberately extreme and divisive.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Just so sad that what was possibly originally intended as a positive, fun and feel good message for kids about their home has been hijacked by two sides who see politics in every shred of life.

Just as sad, but oh so predictably funny, is the pretty much one sided echo chamber that most of the NSC political types choose to exist in, is frothing at the mouth like a rabid dog.

In reality it was originally a misplaced but well meaning local campaign that's been hijacked and politicised by the Government. Johnson used a request to support it in PMQs as a random chance to have a go at the SNP.

Unfortunately a number of MPs in the Conservative party are using "patriotism" not to bring the country together, but to harden their traditional support in revulsion in anyone who could possibly agree. It's simply the other side of the coin of the tactics of Corbyn used appealing to the left. You define yourself by what and who you hate.

It's quite a clever game because if anyone on the opposition benches attacks the idea they are simply falling into the strategists hands, but it's a short term game because they are slowly losing traditional support internally. That may not lose them an election but Boris needs to watch his back.

Whilst they won't say publicly (The Conservatives are masters at closing ranks) many Tory MPs and even cabinet ministers are privately repulsed at the current divide and rule tactics.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I like this idea better.
"Count Binface, who was in the running for last month’s London mayoral election, shared the clip of ‘One Britain One Nation Day’ and said that he was “urging children to sing Another Brick In The Wall Part 2 on June"
"Hey teacher! Leave those kids alone...."

If I were parent I would give my child a note saying that his father had forbidden him to sing it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
In reality it was originally a misplaced but well meaning local campaign that's been hijacked and politicised by the Government. Johnson used a request to support it in PMQs as a random chance to have a go at the SNP.

Indeed, designed by a man not born in this country (but fiercely proud of it) for schools that teach or focus on different cultures, languages or religions like these:

Islamic Tarbiyyah Preparatory School, Bradford.

Leeds Jewish Free School.

Al Mu'min Nursery, Primary and Secondary School/JKN Institute, Bradford.

Saint Cuthbert and the First Martyrs' Catholic
Primary School, Bradford.

Darul Uloom Dawatul Imaan School, Bradford.

Ghyll Royd School, Bradford.

Crystal Gardens Primary School, Bradford.

Al Mumin School, Bradford.

Al-Markaz Academy, Bradford.

Ummid Independent School, Bradford.

Jaamiatul Imaam Muhammad Zakaria school, Bradford.

St John the Evangelist RC Primary School, Bradford.

Saltaire Primary School, Bradford.

St Walburga's RC Primary School, Bradford.

Should be limited to Bradford local news.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Keep treating the people like they're stupid, must of us are.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here