Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The government is urging children to sing this song on June 25

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
As well as astoundingly incompetent, this Government is really ****ing WEIRD at times too.

They're just a bunch of petty nationalists, swiftly morphing into Little Englanders. Their focus is on nationalism and the culture wars to distract attention away from 40 years of proliferating inequality and insecurity, climate breakdown, etc.
The electorate love it though :nono:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
More Right-wing virtue-signalling and flag-sh*gging; anorther salvo in the Tory culture wars intended to divert attention away from growing inequality, poverty wages, lack of affordable housing, elite-level corruption and tax evasion, growing reliance on food banks, and sundry other problems facing ordinary hard-working Brits (the very people our government claims to love and respect)

I expect to see these sort of nationalistic "Worship the Fatherland which loves you" stunts in awful regimes like the fromer Soviet Union and present-day Cuba or North Korea. Straight out of Orwell's 1984

Incidentally, I wonder how many of the school-kids being urged to take part on Friday are the same school-kids who our 'patriotic' government voted to deny free-school meals earlier this year?

Flag-shagging :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As well as astoundingly incompetent, this Government is really ****ing WEIRD at times too.

A good pal of mine was a forensic social worker. He has interviewed many people resident in 'secure hospitals' (like Rampton) when they request release on the grounds of 'no longer being unwell'. His strategy was just to let them talk. Eventually, and more often than not, they would come out with something that would inform the decision. One time, after a 30 minute pleasant chat the inmate leant across the table and said to my pal "When I get out, I'm gonna find you and stab you".

The present government is the political equivalent of a Rampton inmate, now thinking about seeking release. I mean re-election.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Mate, there has been liberal leftie teachers spewing their politics for decades, to brainwash the young and vulnerable. Fortunately when they leave school they get a real perspective of the world and our country, hence the proper drubbing labour and the liberal continue to get.

any examples of this?

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
You have to wonder about an organisation who use a slogan (one Britain one Nation) that gives a nod to a certain youth organisation of the 1930's (Ein Volk Ein Reich) plus a promotional video from so called patriots that has the union flag upside down.

Aside all that, Britain isn't technically a nation and they appear to have omitted Northern Ireland in their concept. It has a clumsy feel of North Korean & DDR era jingoistic brainwashing of young minds. Akin to the young pioneers forced to march down Karl-Marx-Allee with cheesy happy smiles, waving to the grey faces of the politburo on the podium.

The words of that song are also disingenuous gumpf in modern day post Brexit Britain. Would be nice if they were true. Sadly not.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
One Brighton One Station

Rubbish.

London Road, Preston Park and Falmer are Brighton stations always ignored. How do you think the good people of those stations feel when all they hear about is Brighton bloody station?

Also - we should reinstate the Kemptown station so that tourists could can be properly distributed along the seafront. You should be concentrating on that instead of your one station campaign!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Now Portslade, that’s one station.

And don’t forget Fishersgate.

I believe there are one or two more.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So reuniting the country in exceptional times is a bad thing?

You have a point, this song thing is unifying an awfully large part of the country together. Just not in favour of the song...

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Rubbish.

London Road, Preston Park and Falmer are Brighton stations always ignored. How do you think the good people of those stations feel when all they hear about is Brighton bloody station?

Also - we should reinstate the Kemptown station so that tourists could can be properly distributed along the seafront. You should be concentrating on that instead of your one station campaign!

OI What about Moulsecoomb???!!!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Thank you. It’s good to have some actual facts although a lot of people are enjoying their fact free outrage.

Sadly “wrong facts”
Dept for Education are directly promoting this nationalist tosh and have “advised” schools as well as circulating widely on social media

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I'll be glad when the flag goes up
We'll sing new songs and invent new slogans
There'll be a party and we'll burn the old pictures
I'll finally have some fun
I'll be glad when the flag goes up
New uniforms if they know my sizes
I'll make new friends when I go to the meetings

Welcome to Global Britain

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Sadly “wrong facts”
Dept for Education are directly promoting this nationalist tosh and have “advised” schools as well as circulating widely on social media

The DfE can promote and advise all they like, it won’t be happening in my classroom.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Does the One Britain include Northern Ireland?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here