Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It was still a week ago. And it was still pulled immediately. Whichever way you look at it, it wasn't really Labours fault was it.

Stop digging Mikey :D

Allow me to give him a third try on this...

"The election broadcast first went out in September but it was not until it went on air on Tuesday that Labour became aware the woman was not a nurse in real life."

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Hi, there, it's the 21 November, where have you been? :D

Labour pulled it before broadcast immediately when they found out. Nice try.

But she was still an actor. Why do the Labour Party hire actors to look like nurses?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
But she was still an actor. Why do the Labour Party hire actors to look like nurses?

So whose fault was it?

Look, where I am with our loony friend here, is that it is almost certainly a completely innocent mistake, where a production company did something the party weren't aware of, and Labour did the right thing as soon as they were aware of it.

Of course, if you were so inclined you could say that Labour's briefing of the company tasked with this production was shoddy and their post-production due diligence was not up to scratch, as it allowed this issue to progress all the way through to multiple broadcasts on national (Welsh) television.

But, for me, it's very likely a mistake which they addressed when they were made aware of it.

Why I'm bothering to write this, and it comes back to many of these "lies" from politicians, is that I think we have created an environment for our politicians where they are expected to have encyclopaedic knowledge of numerous facts and figures and, if they get them wrong they are subject to wide scale ridicule, generally from supporters of "the other side".

They are then often made to squirm under further examination for what, in many cases, is probably nothing more than memory recall failure.

It should be perfectly acceptable for our politicians to say "I don't know" or "I can't recall" because, frankly, they are not super-computers capable of storing vast arrays of facts, numbers and statistics on the off-chance they should be asked to recite them.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Look, where I am with our loony friend here, is that it is almost certainly a completely innocent mistake, where a production company did something the party weren't aware of, and Labour did the right thing as soon as they were aware of it.

Of course, if you were so inclined you could say that Labour's briefing of the company tasked with this production was shoddy and their post-production due diligence was not up to scratch, as it allowed this issue to progress all the way through to multiple broadcasts on national (Welsh) television.

But, for me, it's very likely a mistake which they addressed when they were made aware of it.

Why I'm bothering to write this, and it comes back to many of these "lies" from politicians, is that I think we have created an environment for our politicians where they are expected to have encyclopaedic knowledge of numerous facts and figures and, if they get them wrong they are subject to wide scale ridicule, generally from supporters of "the other side".

They are then often made to squirm under further examination for what, in many cases, is probably nothing more than memory recall failure.

It should be perfectly acceptable for our politicians to say "I don't know" or "I can't recall" because, frankly, they are not super-computers capable of storing vast arrays of facts, numbers and statistics on the off-chance they should be asked to recite them.

‘I’m sorry, it was a mistake’ should also be acceptable if genuine.

Seems JC will still not apologise for his sucking up to the IRA mind.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The media company.

are you suggesting sometimes actions or comments are made on behalf of politicians or political parties, that they are not directly or wholly responsible for?

i agree. aligning with comments about about encyclopedic knowledge of policy detail, it would be better for debate if we accepted these points.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Sneaked out an early copy of the Labour Manifesto-

cor bin.png

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
‘I’m sorry, it was a mistake’ should also be acceptable if genuine.

Absolutely. But, if they did, again, they would be subject to ridicule.

It's another example of how we have the politics we probably deserve.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
At least somebody cares about the students.

Wonder how many on here got free education, and now refusing students to have the same privilege?

I see Plymouth council care about them so much,they registered nearly 1,000 of them without their knowledge and sent out voting cards to 17 y.o.

Wonder If Chopper works there?

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Are they scrapping tuition fees then? Not mentioned it yet. Perhaps he has realised that it is a bad idea.

scrap tuition fees. also look at writing off the debt from 2010 on. nothing said about the debt from fees between 1997-2010 though.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
They've costed the spending :drink:

promising to borrowing hundreds of billions is not "costing". its economic illiterate nonsense, they're all at it this election.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here