• Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I've had enough of the Tory lies. Raab, Gove, Cummings, Mogg and Johnson are not the people I want to run this country anymore. Simple decision. It doesn't really matter who you vote for, just don't vote for the ****ing conservatives

There is that ‘frying pan into the fire’ analogy with Corbyn & Johnson.

In this case, Corbyn plays the frying pan, I just hope there is someone reasonable in the kitchen to turn the gas off the cooker so that he can’t enact his recipes for disaster.

On the other hand, the fire is a hateful, spiteful, lying Johnson government which will be a toxic mix of Thatcherism & Trumpism. The Country will be fearful and split for generations. Scotland will riot if they don’t get a referendum and we’ll all hate each other. The North will get it’s no-deal Brexit and quickly face more poverty and anguish than it has ever know. Johnson will use the fear and ignorance of his electorate to keep himself in power and his backers (mostly foreign billionaires) will get filthy rich.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
More outright deceit from the Tories today.

Javid sets out an increase in the NI threshold to £9,500 saving people £500 per year. Only this is a LIE. Their long term 'aspiration' to set the NI threshold to £12,500 will save £500, their current 'pledge' to £9,500 saves £100. I just don't think they care, looking at polling data I don't think people care either that their politicians lie to them. We're expecting politicians and politics to change, but why when lying and deceit do so well? :shrug:

The figure according to "genuine" fact check site is a mere £85 p.a , might just about get you a half pint on a Friday in Wetherspoons...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Javid sets out an increase in the NI threshold to £9,500 saving people £500 per year. Only this is a LIE. Their long term 'aspiration' to set the NI threshold to £12,500 will save £500, their current 'pledge' to £9,500 saves £100. I just don't think they care, looking at polling data I don't think people care either that their politicians lie to them. We're expecting politicians and politics to change, but why when lying and deceit do so well? :shrug:

Johnson told a group of northern workers, face to face, that the threshold would go up to £12,500 if the Tories were elected. None of this ‘aspiration’ or ‘£9,500’ stuff. That was the big Lie yesterday. I’m sure you can read all about it in the Mail or Express - probably front page news.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We're expecting politicians and politics to change, but why when lying and deceit do so well? :shrug:

Agreed.

In the Leaders' Debate, Jeremy Corbyn claimed that Johnson's Brexit deal only got through the Commons with the support of the DUP.

All 10 DUP MPs voted against it. It actually got through due to 19 of his Labour MPs voting for it.

When are they going to stop this?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Agreed.

In the Leaders' Debate, Jeremy Corbyn claimed that Johnson's Brexit deal only got through the Commons with the support of the DUP.

All 10 DUP MPs voted against it. It actually got through due to 19 of his Labour MPs voting for it.

When are they going to stop this?

That is a daft fib to tell or was it just shear incompetence from JC

Of course the DUP would never side with deal, the victims of the ultimate lie from Johnson from the now defunct Conservative and Unionist party....

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Who is expecting politicians and politics to change?
They haven't for over 150 years, so why now? Apathy reigned for years and we got what we deserved, politicians who did what they wanted rather than what the people wanted. Many felt disenfranchised. Their vote meant nothing in their constituency. Labour doing well in urban areas, Tories dominating the shires, with very small pockets of Liberal, dotted about. Very little of that political landscape is going to change. We will see tactical voting this time round, on a larger scale than normal, with the more than likely result of a hung parliament, with all sorts of possibilities of minor coalitions offering olive branches.
Did we learn anything from the expenses scandal 10 years ago?........." Instead of a shock to the system, we are still muddling through "...." The real legacy of the scandal, the deeper failing, was that it didn't cultivate a serious and balanced debate about the price and value of democracy and therefore about what we want our MP's to do, who we want to do it, how we want them to do it and why doing politics on the cheap is probably not a good idea " ( Matthew Flinders, Professor of Politics, Sheff Uni/ President Political Studies Assoc/Member Econ and Social Research Council )

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
That is a daft fib to tell or was it just shear incompetence from JC

somewhere in between. politicans get so used to trotting out a standard line, that they dont know or forget when there is a divergence or detail. we hear the sound bites so often we assume the accepted wisdom is correct, politicans must do the same.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
"In the film, which was broadcast on Tuesday on the BBC, ITV and S4C, the nurse tells viewers how a trade deal with US president Donald Trump is a threat to the NHS."

It was still a week ago. And it was still pulled immediately. Whichever way you look at it, it wasn't really Labours fault was it.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Posted this last night. Nobody cared.

This needs reposting periodically between now and polling day.

Just more bullying of an media that attempt to hold them to account. If BJ gets in I'm certain we will see a strategy to undermine the impartially of broadcast media, they hate ofcom.

A Fox UK news channel would be the Tory dream

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Just more bullying of an media that attempt to hold them to account. If BJ gets in I'm certain we will see a strategy to undermine the impartially of broadcast media, they hate ofcom.

A Fox UK news channel would be the Tory dream

Stop rambling Nick and get back to work, someones got to pay for the impending chaos, right :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here