Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Games of the XXXI Olympiad

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Yes you can, you just get a penalty against you, which is a maximum of 1 point. Given that he was 2 points ahead with 1 second to go, that would be fine. But I wasn't suggesting he ran forwards, he should have run backwards. Still probably getting penalty, but FFS, it was beginner stuff.

He was only one point ahead with one second to go.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Anyone else annoyed that the commentators kept using the full names of every player? Probably just me, but it's not like they have to use the ladies Christian names every single time they touch the ball

I've often wondered this. It's the same in women's football - as if the commentator personally knows the player.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I can't find out, but their appeal has been rejected. The BBC looked at each changeover again and again, and couldn't see a reason. The runners haven't even been told why, it's a farce.

"Their place in the final has been taken by hosts Brazil" Hmmmm!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Naomi Van ass :)

Now that the moment has passed and we can revert back to sexist pigs.
Stat Towers, last night, was torn in a titanic 'Battle of the Brunettes':-

Naomi Van Arse
v
Sam Quek

After such an honourable performance it was nice for the Dutch to win something.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
:lolol:

I love all the armchair experts that emerge once every 4 years on these obscure sports.
Indeed. I'm not wrong though am I. Mohammed will be thinking the same thing, he'll be furious with himself.

My god we need people like you to coach our next Olympic challenge,you convinced me the boy was just a foolish chancer who knew nothing.
The phone hasn't stopped ringing all morning.

He was only one point ahead with one second to go.
No, he was 2 points ahead.

"Their place in the final has been taken by hosts Brazil" Hmmmm!
The commentators said you're not allowed to 'start running outside of the lines', we've been disqualified for starting out of the lines. Seems dubious.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Trivia question:

In which year did all the GB athletes compete in the Olympics for another team ?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The commentators said you're not allowed to 'start running outside of the lines', we've been disqualified for starting out of the lines. Seems dubious.

If you look at the photo, most of the other runners also had their foot on or just over the line. I don't think you could say he actually started running outside the lines, though I don't know how strictly they interpret it. Has to be said, though, it was a pretty stupid mistake to give them a chace to disqualify them. It's not difficult really. Just stay within the lines.

And why the taekwondo guy didn't just jump away with one second left I'll never know. He must be in pieces.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Moscow 1980?

You win the gold medal.

We competed, along with a number of others, under the federation flag, Unlike the USA athletes, who were threatened with embarrassing repercussions more suited to North Korea than the 'land of the free', our athletes were told they could go but not under the Union flag. Subsequently, for our (I think five) gold medalists the Olympic anthem was played on the podium.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
You win the gold medal.

We competed, along with a number of others, under the federation flag, Unlike the USA athletes, who were threatened with embarrassing repercussions more suited to North Korea than the 'land of the free', our athletes were told they could go but not under the Union flag. Subsequently, for our (I think five) gold medalists the Olympic anthem was played on the podium.

One for you then, leaving aside the technicality of competing under the Olympic flag in 1980:

Q. Who are the only 5 countries to have competed at every modern Olympics since 1896?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here