Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Games of the XXXI Olympiad

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Worst taekwondo performance ever. All he had to do was run out of the ring for gold, and he stood there like an idiot.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Earlier round performances were sublime
I know, I watched them all, and I was up last night just to watch the final.

All he had to do was run away, there was 1 second left!

I do of course feel bad for him, I don't imagine he'll ever forgive himself.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So what happened with the 4 x 400 men's relay team? why were they dq'ed
I can't find out, but their appeal has been rejected. The BBC looked at each changeover again and again, and couldn't see a reason. The runners haven't even been told why, it's a farce.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You can't turn your back
Yes you can, you just get a penalty against you, which is a maximum of 1 point. Given that he was 2 points ahead with 1 second to go, that would be fine. But I wasn't suggesting he ran forwards, he should have run backwards. Still probably getting penalty, but FFS, it was beginner stuff.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Our local was brilliant last night we had an expert on each sport shown.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes you can, you just get a penalty against you, which is a maximum of 1 point. Given that he was 2 points ahead with 1 second to go, that would be fine. But I wasn't suggesting he ran forwards, he should have run backwards. Still probably getting penalty, but FFS, it was beginner stuff.

:lolol:

I love all the armchair experts that emerge once every 4 years on these obscure sports.

My god we need people like you to coach our next Olympic challenge,you convinced me the boy was just a foolish chancer who knew nothing.

Last edited:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Much as I enjoyed watching the hockey, the rules annoyed the hell out of me. Most of them are good and would work well in football. Get a free hit and just dribble from where you are. Long corners taken further back. Green cards. All good. But the game just seems to be get into the circle and whack it against someone's foot. I'm sure when I played at school (Only one House tournament from memory), it had to be be a deliberate use of the foot like handball. But now it is every single time. Someone hits a ball at your foot from 2 inches away and you give away the equivalent of a free kick on the edge of the box in football. The Netherlands 3 goal came from a penalty corner given when the British girl jumped and turned her back to get out of the way.

I did have this rant with a decent local level player and got the equivalent answer as that given by the cycling road race fans. You just have to 'get it' I suppose.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Much as I enjoyed watching the hockey, the rules annoyed the hell out of me. Most of them are good and would work well in football. Get a free hit and just dribble from where you are. Long corners taken further back. Green cards. All good. But the game just seems to be get into the circle and whack it against someone's foot. I'm sure when I played at school (Only one House tournament from memory), it had to be be a deliberate use of the foot like handball. But now it is every single time. Someone hits a ball at your foot from 2 inches away and you give away the equivalent of a free kick on the edge of the box in football. The Netherlands 3 goal came from a penalty corner given when the British girl jumped and turned her back to get out of the way.

I did have this rant with a decent local level player and got the equivalent answer as that given by the cycling road race fans. You just have to 'get it' I suppose.

This is were the cocommentator expert can enhance the viewers understanding and enjoyment. Sir Chris in the cycling did and excellent job in this respect whereas in the hockey I felt this didnt reach the same heights.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This is were the cocommentator expert can enhance the viewers understanding and enjoyment. Sir Chris in the cycling did and excellent job in this respect whereas in the hockey I felt this didnt reach the same heights.

The woman co-commentator for the hockey was dreadful, just stated the bleeding obvious time and time again

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here