Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Games of the XXXI Olympiad

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Got to say that's been the most enjoyable gold i've seen us win this olympics. Toughed it out and took our chances against a quality side.

If only the England football team showed as much backbone.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Fantastic result for the GB Womens Hockey team. A real nailbiter, but well fought out.

Pleased for them and Nick Skelton today, at the start of the Games, I doubt anyone predicted these two golds.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Got to say that's been the most enjoyable gold i've seen us win this olympics. Toughed it out and took our chances against a quality side.

This, with bells on.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Inspirational stuff from the ladies hockey team. The keeper was superb.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Second place in the overall medal table is looking likely. We'll never see a performance like this again.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
One of the great Olympic GB performances of all time.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Watching the Dutch women after they had lost got me thinking that if the England squad showed that level of devastation when they lost then we could have been as proud of them. Both the Dutch and Team GB have put England's footballers to shame.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Marvellous scenes :bowdown::clap2::clap::banana::bowdown:

Capture.JPG

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Watching the Dutch women after they had lost got me thinking that if the England squad showed that level of devastation when they lost then we could have been as proud of them. Both the Dutch and Team GB have put England's footballers to shame.

Felt a bit sorry for the Dutch, they were the better team over the 60 minutes ... but, sod 'em, someone had to lose and I'm glad it was them

Never knew hockey could be so exciting

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Dutch were clearly the better team, but our Brits hung in there, and hung in there, and hung in there, and eventually just found a way. Thats a triumph of tactics over talent, and cold-eyed efficiency in front of goal, all allied with a keeper of Hinsh's calibre to keep them out. Once it went to penalties I was convinced we'd win, because she'd been a rock and an inspiration throughout, and was just about the LAST keeper the Dutch wanted to face in that situation. Absolutely OUTSTANDING performance by them all, but that girl Hinsh deserved 2 golds. She was just briliant.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
The Dutch were clearly the better team, but our Brits hung in there, and hung in there, and hung in there, and eventually just found a way. Thats a triumph of tactics over talent, and cold-eyed efficiency in front of goal, all allied with a keeper of Hinsh's calibre to keep them out. Once it went to penalties I was convinced we'd win, because she'd been a rock and an inspiration throughout, and was just about the LAST keeper the Dutch wanted to face in that situation. Absolutely OUTSTANDING performance by them all, but that girl Hinsh deserved 2 golds. She was just briliant.

perfectly summed up :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here