Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The future’s bright, the future’s Potter

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Next season is going to be very interesting indeed...

What players will we bring in?
What will players will we let go?

I believe with this manager, and this crop of young players we are definitely capable of top 10 next season.

I'd love us to swoop for Marcus Edwards, 21, as he's having a tremendous season in Portugal, but in all honesty we've probably missed the boat with him. There will be a lot of clubs circling now. Should have been in for him in last summer or in January. He's one of my favourite players to watch.

Forward Tyrese Campbell, 20, at Stoke seems to be having a decent season and probably merits close attention. He could make a decent partner for Maupay.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Can you express why in a calm manner without hurling personal abuse?

I could, but I won't as it is obviously not the popular view.

I accept that the West Ham comments were out of order. I was in the West Ham end and drink had been taken but that is no excuse for the words posted!

I will refrain from commenting on GP in the future and hope that he proves me totally wrong.

UTA

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I could, but I won't as it is obviously not the popular view.

I accept that the West Ham comments were out of order. I was in the West Ham end and drink had been taken but that is no excuse for the words posted!

I will refrain from commenting on GP in the future and hope that he proves me totally wrong.

UTA

Fair enough. Good man [emoji106]

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Maybe some people dont allow 45 minutes to shape their whole world view.

I read "Build a Bonfire" during the corona break and when I read match threads I can't understand how so many people could have such a short memory.

So many wankers demanding great results and firework performances in every game when everyone within the club are working their ass off week out week in. Absolutely zero patience from far too many fans, very worrying as the team will need support in order to grow.

You are Graham Potter and I claim my prize.

boik

The ‘pull names’ from the hat thing is getting a little boring.

If you look at our first half performance, you’ll see that the tactics suited both the formation and the players.

Did you see us try and play the ball out from the back?

It didn’t happen. Hazelnut and his team would have watched us trying to play out the back against Liverpool & Man City and rubbed their hands. They were totally unprepared for a direct playing 4-4-2 with Murray upfront, that meant we more or less dominanted the first half, we had chances to be 3-0.

I don’t thing Potter has set-up like that this season. It left Hazlenut completely shelled.

Whats with the hazlenut epithet? His name is nothing like that word. Are you one of those who uses the terms wet spam and man ure?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Next season is going to be very interesting indeed...

What players will we bring in?
What will players will we let go?

I believe with this manager, and this crop of young players we are definitely capable of top 10 next season.

We must sign players with pace and power. Everyone knows the number one priority is a another but different type of striker. If the right deal can be done Bloom may break our transfer record again.

A player who can pick the ball up and run at pace, moving us up 50-60- yards up the pitch, turning defence into attack in a few seconds.

A new defensive beast of a midfield player.

And a left-back/wing-back.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm not quite sure how you come out of that second half thinking "the future's bright." Not that I disagree, because in general I think/hope it is. But my first reaction at the full-time whistle was "phew, how the bloody heck did we escape with a point?"! :ohmy:

True. But supporters of most teams will have felt a similar feeling at some point....it’s part of being a supporter.

Personally I’m totally on-board with Potter. According to that BBC quote we have improved in most, if not all, areas and have done this in one season with largely the same set of players who were at CH’s disposal. Above all we are much more entertaining and in with a chance in most games. But, we are very much still a work in progress. And it’s this which excites me the most as I think Potter is a smart and intelligent guy who will improve the individual players, the team, and also himself, as we move forward. I like him, I like him a lot and look forward to next season.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I hope we push on to improve next season after a few summer signings and Potter settles on a consistent formation/line up that produces a more comfortable season next time ... but if we are in or very near the bottom 3 by Xmas I can see Tony pulling the trigger again.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I hope we push on to improve next season after a few summer signings and Potter settles on a consistent formation/line up that produces a more comfortable season next time ... but if we are in or very near the bottom 3 by Xmas I can see Tony pulling the trigger again.

Do you nothing about Tony Bloom?

1. He will always push to improve
2. He backs his managers
3. He backs Potter
4. He won’t panic

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Do you nothing about Tony Bloom?

1. He will always push to improve
2. He backs his managers
3. He backs Potter
4. He won’t panic

Do you?

1.) If we are in the relegation zone or very near it come Xmas .. changing manager could well be viewed as an improvement.
2.) He sacked Hughton after keeping us up
3.) Not unconditionally
4.) Sacking a failing manager at Xmas isn't panicking

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Do you?

1.) If we are in the relegation zone or very near it come Xmas .. changing manager could well be viewed as an improvement. - he hasn’t panicked in the last three seasons, why now?
2.) He sacked Hughton after keeping us up. - after 4.5 years. He refused Sami’s resignation.
3.) Not unconditionally - well obviously, but a contract extension after 5 months is quite some backing
4.) Sacking a failing manager at Xmas isn't panicking - it would be expensive and massively out of character. Tony is as cool as a cucumber. He doesn’t panic

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Awful performance. Undone yet again down the flanks. Have we progressed ? No

wronger than a wrong thing, with a big wrong hat on

i can't work out if you don't understand football, or the english language

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
You don’t understand because you are not a BHA supporter. You are generally clueless and thankfully will f.uck off at some stage in the future once your man crush GP moves on!

he's got more insight than you :moo:

Last edited:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

no chance

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here