Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The future’s bright, the future’s Potter

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I'm sure we could all do with a more serene mid table mediocrity for a few seasons, but it would't be Brighton if we weren't all nervous wrecks at season end fighting for promotion or against relegation. Its the way we roll!

"We're Europe-bound! We're dead certs for League One!"

BHA -- Bipolar Hove Albion.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Maybe some people dont allow 45 minutes to shape their whole world view.

I read "Build a Bonfire" during the corona break and when I read match threads I can't understand how so many people could have such a short memory.

So many wankers demanding great results and firework performances in every game when everyone within the club are working their ass off week out week in. Absolutely zero patience from far too many fans, very worrying as the team will need support in order to grow.

This kind of polarisation is common throughout society so it's not a surprise it happens on a football forum, but i'd ask you to be careful about this kind of thing. It's not as simple as with us or without us.
Anyone over the age of about 35 will remember the 90s very, very well- i'm 39 and it was a huge part of not just my life as a football supporter but a human being in general. It's clumsy and unhelpful to accuse posters on here who are in anyway critical as having short memories, or worse. We remember. But we're still entitled to our opinion. We raise concerns here, on a forum. Not at the games. Games you've not been to. So please have more respect. You seem fairly reasoned and I'm loving our new found global appeal as a football force but you really don't have the right to be criticising these people IMHO.

Last edited:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
This kind of polarisation is common throughout society so it's not a surprise it happens on a football forum, but i'd ask you to be careful about this kind of thing. It's not as simple as with us or without us.
Anyone over the age of about 35 will remember the 90s very, very well- i'm 39 and it was a huge part of not just my life as a football supporter but a human being in general. It's clumsy and unhelpful to accuse posters on here who are in anyway critical as having short memories, or worse. We remember. But we're still entitled to our opinion. We raise concerns here, on a forum. Not at the games. Games you've not been to. So please have more respect. You seems fairly reasoned and I'm loving our new found global appeal as a football forcing but you really don't have the right to be criticising these people IMHO.

I'm a 51-year-old fan who saw my first game in 1981, and I happen to think he's absolutely right. :shrug:

clockend1983

Apr 1, 2010
Awful performance. Undone yet again down the flanks. Have we progressed ? No

You’ve got yourself a bit of stick over your post by the slightly blinkered fans.
We possibly have made a little progress but generally I completely agree with your comments.
First half we did well enough and took the lead with a good goal
Hassenhutl made a simple switch at half time moving Holjberg back into central midfield and the whole game changed. We were completely over run in midfield and it’s a bit baffling why GP didn’t make a change sooner to stop his dominance in there.He always plays very well against us and he did that again tonight.
It was great to get a point but what I saw was completely panic and a fair bit of luck. Great save from Maty and some brave body throwing but Dunky and Webster but I’m getting a bit tired of seeing our back four having to do it week in week out.
Progress-A little
Entertainment-The wrong type
UTA

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Again, we go away from home against a decent side and gain a point. It is these draws that make the diference between being in the bottom three and being above it.

This shows the team has spirit and organisation. Most sucessful managers build from the back and we have a capable defence. Trossard and Maupay can finish too, so we have the tools to challenge to break into the top ten. We just need to be able to impose ourselves more and get out of the blocks quicker. I fancy if Ashworth can bring in a couple of quality players we'll be in business.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

I read "Build a Bonfire" during the corona break and when I read match threads I can't understand how so many people could have such a short memory.

So many wankers demanding great results and firework performances in every game when everyone within the club are working their ass off week out week in. Absolutely zero patience from far too many fans, very worrying as the team will need support in order to grow.

You don’t understand because you are not a BHA supporter. You are generally clueless and thankfully will f.uck off at some stage in the future once your man crush GP moves on!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I'm not quite sure how you come out of that second half thinking "the future's bright." Not that I disagree, because in general I think/hope it is. But my first reaction at the full-time whistle was "phew, how the bloody heck did we escape with a point?"! :ohmy:

I’m talking bigger picture friend, beyond the scope of a second half against Southampton.

We have a great manager on our hands. I firmly believe that.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

There’s nothing to be worried about.

Amongst 30,000 supporters, and several times that, if you include fans with their heart in the club, there’s going to be a wide array of personality types and opinions. A few people on the the internet having kittens in the game and moaning afterwards has zero bearing on the club and its positive trajectory. They’re not “wankers”, I’m hoping you meant that just emotively and not to insult.

On that note, ignore the retaliatory aggression towards you. Sometimes it pays to tone things down, we’re meant to all want the same thing, aren’t we?

Perhaps someone will start another poll, as an update on whether we’re pleased with Potter to date.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Anyone over the age of about 35 will remember the 90s very, very well- i'm 39 and it was a huge part of not just my life as a football supporter but a human being in general. It's clumsy and unhelpful to accuse posters on here who are in anyway critical as having short memories, or worse. We remember. But we're still entitled to our opinion. We raise concerns here, on a forum. Not at the games. Games you've not been to. So please have more respect. You seem fairly reasoned and I'm loving our new found global appeal as a football force but you really don't have the right to be criticising these people IMHO.

You say you're 39??

Yet on the City match day thread you said you'd been a supporter since 1980.
Is it my maths, or were you telling porkies?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Well I for one am glad to have you join our Albion community Swansman, you provide good insights into Potter as a man and his mindsets as a coach.

Ignore the haters. I get them too when I dare criticise, and I’m born in bred in Brighton.

What are your projections for us under the Potter project next season?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You don’t understand because you are not a BHA supporter. You are generally clueless and thankfully will f.uck off at some stage in the future once your man crush GP moves on!

I think you’re being incredibly rude and incredibly harsh on [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION]. I agree with most of his BHA opinions. I also swing between entertained and utterly flabbergasted by his other posts.... but I feel he’s a valued contributor to this site.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think our fewest defeats in the top flight is 16. We are currently on 15. Avoid defeat in the last two games and we could witness our top flight season with the least losses EVER!

So we’ve effectively equalled our four year stay of 79-83, that was a stressful ride too, with many losing runs!

High hopes for Potter delivering an even better team and results next season.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think you’re being incredibly rude and incredibly harsh on [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION]. I agree with most of his BHA opinions. I also swing between entertained and utterly flabbergasted by his other posts.... but I feel he’s a valued contributor to this site.

There's a few guys out there who may have gone to watch their team for 30 years but subconsiously really dont give a shit, they only use their club as a vehicle to ventilate frustration and anger. Sure, all passionate fans of every club have those feelings sometimes, but then there's a very small sentiment who are desperate to see failure elsewhere than in their own lives.

My post in this thread was more aimed at those in the grey zone of "should I be happy or should I ask for more", where my opinion is that they, for the good of everyone, should go for the positive angle.

As for the guy you quoted and a couple of other fellas... let them be harsh, it might be all they have... and even if I would be wrong on that, they cant touch me - no worries in that sense.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
There's a few guys out there who may have gone to watch their team for 30 years but subconsiously really dont give a shit, they only use their club as a vehicle to ventilate frustration and anger. Sure, all passionate fans of every club have those feelings sometimes, but then there's a very small sentiment who are desperate to see failure elsewhere than in their own lives.

My post in this thread was more aimed at those in the grey zone of "should I be happy or should I ask for more", where my opinion is that they, for the good of everyone, should go for the positive angle.

As for the guy you quoted and a couple of other fellas... let them be harsh, it might be all they have... and even if I would be wrong on that, they cant touch me - no worries in that sense.

More complete drivel!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here