Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The French show the Brits how it is done

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Would we really want our protest to be like that.
As a matter of interest by a number of years I think France has lowest retirement age in Europe
Personally I'd have no problems with XR et al using the same tactics. We're soft in this country. Loved the number of burnt out speed cameras I saw during the yellow jacket protests.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Personally I'd have no problems with XR et al using the same tactics. We're soft in this country. Loved the number of burnt out speed cameras I saw during the yellow jacket protests.
There was a spate of tyres filled with petrol set alight in Huddersfield when a 40mph road was graded down to 30, even though there were no houses on it. There were four speed cameras in a six mile stretch, and burnt out every time they were replaced.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
6C58A035-2B6A-4A63-9CC4-66C61D40ED7F.png

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Some people would like it and some wouldn't?

Personally I love a good riot, like the ones in Lund when we were 1200 people trying to occupy every single abandoned building in the city to make a stance on the citys unwillingness to provide affordable housing:

Or stopping nazis from marching through the city (honouring some old Swedish king) on November 30. We (well not me, I was too young) stopped them in 1991 through causing chaos on the streets and did the same when they came back in 2008.

When you're out on the streets fighting for what you know is right - and also win... incredible feeling. Surely there would be a bunch in Sussex having similar feelings.
Of course, anywhere - Paris, Lund or Sussex - there will also be a lot of people thinking "can't you just write an angry letter instead". But thats just another way of saying "can't you just accept every and any thing thrown at you?"

Not sure you quite understand the British temperament Swanny. Those would be out on the streets rioting would be the sort of people who don't actually care about the politics but just want an excuse to vandalise. See Croydon riots.

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling
Universal condemnation on here when Croydon residents did the same. Funny old world. I prefer democracy to thuggery but each to their own.

An even funnier world considering many of the people on this thread who are first in line to applaud the french working classes for burning a few tires/causing mayhem are the very same people who spent 6+ years continually sneering at and patronising the UK working classes for democratically giving a two fingered salute to the political establishment/ status quo in 2016...

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
An even funnier world considering many of the people on this thread who are first in line to applaud the french working classes for burning a few tires/causing mayhem are the very same people who spent 6+ years continually sneering at and patronising the UK working classes for democratically giving a two fingered salute to the political establishment/ status quo in 2016...
The French protesters are defending their interests and those of future generations not shooting themselves in the foot...

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
All national pension schemes are inherently broken because of the cost of living increases, the average ahe expectancy increase and the population increase. Work longer or pay more. Blaming the government or everyone/ anyone solves what.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
yep. The irony in his post 🤦‍♂️
The only thing wokewanka knows about irony is it has something to do with getting the creases out of his shirts.

So his mum said.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Well our Germans friends are giving it a good go. Due to fly out of Munich on Sunday, now looking like Tuesday ….. short of heading to Austria or Netherlands we aren’t leaving any earlier.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
All national pension schemes are inherently broken because of the cost of living increases, the average ahe expectancy increase and the population increase. Work longer or pay more. Blaming the government or everyone/ anyone solves what.
It depends on the country.

Germany bit the bullet with a much later retirement age, the UK has the unusual situation of £0.7t in DC pension funds and £1.3t in DB pension funds.

Whilst Italy has kicked the can down the road and is in deep :shit:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

To say The World Bollard Association approves of this message would be a massive understatement.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
They aren’t broken if the pension age is raised in line with life expectancy as is happening in France. I am not too far from retirement age and find it difficult to believe in rent a mob’s new found interest in the welfare of the elderly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here