Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The first half...

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
But it would have been counter productive.
It may well have looked like they weren't trying, but there's no way that was the case. They didn't battle against Wolves and Spurs to then not bother trying in the last game we had a realistic chance of winning. And they didn't just suddenly decide to try in the second half after not being interested in the first. There's no logic to that.

Counter productive, in your opinion ofc.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Kayals injury in the first half and his determination to carry on when he was clearly injured left us playing as a 10 man team, Izzy last season once fit was a real handful now he looks defeated pulling out of tackles says to me he's also carrying an injury and Andone is not a winger apart from that we looked good

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
I'm a great Hughton supporter and will remain so, but that is the first game where the team selection and first half tactics had me completely baffled. 442 with one out of form winger? And what was the lack of pressure in midfield all about? It can't just be put down to lack of confidence, it must have been intentional tactics. Unfathomable.

We looked decent after abandoning that nonsense.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Fair enough - I think we've reached an awkward (Brexit) style agree/disagreement of sorts, although I seem to have given more ground than I should have done. Hmmmmm. I've mellowed.
:lol: Yeah, maybe the anger is subsiding and you're coming round to the idea that they're not disinterested, they're just shit.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe that's what it is - they've forgotten how to do it. When we attacked Bournemouth, we simply couldn't defend. But it's not because they're not interested, the team (players and manager) just haven't been able to figure it out recently.

Fair enough substitute the word interested for capable

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
The last few games at The Amex have been probably the most unwatchable and dismal experiences since we moved into the stadium. I have probably forgotten how bad things were at Priestfield and at the bottom of "League Two" but it has been truly embarrassing lately. Not sure how we have managed to create such a dreadful "customer experience" so quickly. At one stage I looked at the team and thought - Murray is just old although trying hard enough, Kayal is limping, Gross just cannot run faster than first gear, Izquierdo is lacking in anything and looks hopelessy unfit, Andone looks like an accident waiting to happen at every challenge, Duffy wants to prove he can pass but no-one has told him he can't.

The away performance at Tottenham while admirable in a defensive sense, seemed to be an exercise in fulfilling the already known - we will never score a goal - we always give the ball back two seconds after we've got it - we have no ambition to attack - we don't have the technical skills to keep the ball anyway - we will always lose away to the top six in any case.

If we survive, I definitely want something better to cling on to for my several thousand pounds of investment each season (and even if we don't survive to be honest). And you can stick that right in your customer survey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here