Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The first half...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What the chuff was that all about?

Dreadful in every way and sitting off Newcastle as if they were Manchester City. Bizarre.

An utterly bizarre line up and a formation we haven’t played in over 2 years probably didn’t help.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Dreadful in every way and sitting off Newcastle as if they were Manchester City. Bizarre.

They're a good side and a team at our level etc etc bollocks bollocks :shootself:shootself:shootself:shootself:shootself:shootself:shootself:shootself:shootself:shootself

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Once we played more positively and actually tried to get bodies forward we looked a better team......who knew?!?!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
4 wingers at the club and Andone plays on the wing :facepalm:

Andone and Gros on the wing... think that sums up the problem. woeful first half, well worse than Bournemouth where it felt like were in the game even after 0-1. first half today we were passengers.

March made impact immediately, and Bissouma too ( Kayal had look poor, slow, lightweight all first half, would have subbed him half time) transformed the shape and purpose of the team.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
A very confused team selection it felt like to me. Hughton wanted to play 4-4-2 but it felt like he couldn't for wouldn't fully commit to it, so the team played as confused as the formation.

Shelvey was given the freedom of the Amex. Whilst we seemed to believe that by just having numbers behind the ball that would be enough to stop Newcastle attacks. You still need to tackle, head and run after the ball.

The other factor was our starting wingers were wither played out of position or are so out of form that we really struggled to put anything together in an attacking sense. Nil shots in the first half being the result of a terrible first half performance.

I’d like to see us going in for Shelvey (assuming we stay up) vision, pass quality and composure top draw.

I heard he wants to come back saaaaarrrff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Completely baffling team selection from the clueless Hughton in the first half. Sorry, but if we go down we totally deserve it. We have had 4 winnable home games and managed 1 point and 1 goal. Absolutely shocking football, we have stunk the division out! Thank you Chris but you are not future, please go at the end of this shambolic season and take Winstanley and the rest of his recruitment department with you!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
We allowed Newcastle to play walking football.
Stuart Pearce on Talksport described it as the worst 45 minutes by a premier league team this season.
He wasn't wrong. It was dire.

Sent from my SM-J330F using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
1st Half: Just ****ing awful. Compounded by an awful system and player selection by the Manager.

2nd Half: CH turned it round and made us proud. This is why he should be our manager next season.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Stuart Pearce on Talksport described it as the worst 45 minutes by a premier league team this season.

To be fair the second half against Smug Eddie's team two weeks ago was far worse to me

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

To be fair the second half against Smug Eddie's team two weeks ago was far worse to me

Much worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It was absolutely shocking, As said by others, mostly down to the team selection and formation but that doesn't explain the comedy free kick or that totally shambolic defending for their goal or giving Shelvey 30 yards of space all half. .

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Completely baffling team selection from the clueless Hughton in the first half. Sorry, but if we go down we totally deserve it. We have had 4 winnable home games and managed 1 point and 1 goal. Absolutely shocking football, we have stunk the division out! Thank you Chris but you are not future, please go at the end of this shambolic season and take Winstanley and the rest of his recruitment department with you!
Are you for real? We're not going down. Cardiff need to win BOTH of their last 2 games. Even if we lose both of ours, which is likely, Cardiff won't achieve that. Even with them drawing 1 and winning 1 our GD will see us through. Get a grip ffs.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
1st Half: Just ****ing awful. Compounded by an awful system and player selection by the Manager.

2nd Half: CH turned it round and made us proud. This is why he should be our manager next season.
Totally agree mate.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Utterly disgraceful to let Newcastle string 20 or 25 passes together without so much as a hint of anybody attempting any kind of a challenge. This group of players, at that point in the game, deserved nothing but the utmost contempt.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Are you for real? We're not going down. Cardiff need to win BOTH of their last 2 games. Even if we lose both of ours, which is likely, Cardiff won't achieve that. Even with them drawing 1 and winning 1 our GD will see us through. Get a grip ffs.

Great, all is good then! Thanks for letting me know.............Hughton has done a great job in keeping us up!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

But who do you think should be the first half manager?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Absolutely awful first half. AK should've started, silly should've started. Andone on the wing is ridiculous, was a bit of a panic selection but we got the right team in the end, much better 2nd half

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here