The fa cup live games

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Trouble is for me personally I don't see Luton town as a non league club after being a league club for so many years and Maccesfield have had a stint in the football league as well
If Hastings had of gone through I think that might of been televised as more of a non league giant killing ,Luton & Maccesfield don't give me that romance of the FA cup non league underdog

At no pOint did I mention a financial side to Luton or Maccesfield I'm just stating me watching Luton or say Grimsby , Lincoln , York city does not get me excited about them playing the romance card of a non league side knocking out a league club
If it was a Hastings , leatherhead , Matlock town or a
Margate then I might get excited

To bobkin & ninja elephant

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If Luton were at home, they'd be on live TV, but because it's at Norwich, the perception is that there is considerably less chance of (a) an upset and (b) comedy non-league local fans waving frantically at the cameras every time there's a corner.

11Wisemen

Jan 30, 2012
If Man Utd go through it will be their 38th live FA Cup game in a row on the box !! 3pm sat is a great time for The Albion. I have my tickets sorted , can't believe it is not sold out yet.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Man Utd v Fulham? Is it me or is that an extremely boring game to have on TV?

Yep. Man Utd should never be featured at home to inferior opposition. Boring as hell, but not quite as boring as Stoke v Man City.

TV companies were obviously afraid of Swansea getting through, I think had it definitely been Arsenal we would have been a shoe-in. Brighton v Swansea would still make a better spectacle than some of those games tho...

Still think there's a perception of us as 'little old Brighton' even though we have the best attendances in the Championship - just like there is the misplaced notion of Leeds being a 'massive' club (so massive they could only get 11,000 v Birmingham)...

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
If Luton were at home, they'd be on live TV, but because it's at Norwich, the perception is that there is considerably less chance of (a) an upset and (b) comedy non-league local fans waving frantically at the cameras every time there's a corner.

Have you seen those Luton fans? They could only be described as 'comedy' if you think Deliverance was a funny movie.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
We're not in the top 5 games but bet we're number 6. Will be live around the world as there's no Prem games so expect those neon signs in front of the East.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
This is modern day football..The games picked will be related to viewing figures and the cost of advertising that can be sold with the games. .As lovely as it is, Norwich V Luton, isn't a big Tv draw...As much as you don't like it, the big named clubs sells both here and abroad..Man utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, will always be the first couple of picks..Its not like it use to be any longer. Its a global game now..people in the far east want to see these clubs play..Not the likes of Swansea, Norwich etc and the tv people know they can sell far more advertising to far more people if its Man utd, liverpool etc etc

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If Man Utd go through it will be their 38th live FA Cup game in a row on the box !! 3pm sat is a great time for The Albion. I have my tickets sorted , can't believe it is not sold out yet.

I can - tickets have, until a couple of houra ago, only been pn sale to season ticket holders and those on the waiting list. There are more seats than season ticket holders.

I expect it to sell out by the end of the week.

Well done for getting yours - secured mine and Jnr's this morning.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
i dont always sit the north i got a season ticket in the west stand lower but i got a ticket in the north for cup game thats all

Same as us mate :thumbsup: We have changed to the North for all of our cup matches in the last year and a half. We are in the East Upper---North End, one row from the front and just outside the box this season. We love a bit of singing so hope to get up in the new North East Corner next season:albion2::albion2::albion2:

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Same as us mate :thumbsup: We have changed to the North for all of our cup matches in the last year and a half. We are in the East Upper---North End, one row from the front and just outside the box this season. We love a bit of singing so hope to get up in the new North East Corner next season:albion2::albion2::albion2:
i wanna move into the north stand from where i sit if i can

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports