from the fa cup website

ESPN and ITV make their selections for The FA Cup Fourth Round
The FA Cup with Budweiser
Fourth Round Proper
Live TV ties
All clubs will receive £135,850 from The FA's broadcast fund
Winning clubs receive £90,000 from The FA's prize fund
Click here for all the upcoming FA Cup ties

Both ESPN and ITV have confirmed their FA Cup with Budweiser Fourth Round ties for live broadcast later this month.

Yesterday saw ITV1 announce Oldham Athletic v Liverpool on Sunday 27 January at 4pm.

ITV1’s coverage will begin on the Saturday 26 January with Crystal Palace or Stoke City against current Premier League champions Manchester City at 12.45pm.

Roberto Mancini’s side beat Watford 3-0 at the weekend while Palace held the Potters to a 0-0 stalemate at Selhurst Park.

If Stoke see off the Eagles at the Britannia Stadium it will set up a re-run of the 2011 Final which the Citizens won 1-0 thanks to Yaya Toure’s second-half goal at Wembley Stadium.

ESPN viewers will be able to enjoy three FA Cup ties over Fourth Round weekend and their coverage will begin with West Ham United or Manchester United v Fulham or Blackpool on Saturday 26 January at 5.30pm.

Sunday lunchtime will see The FA Cup holders in action with Chelsea heading to either Brentford or Southend United at 12pm.

The Football League sides battled to a 2-2 draw at the weekend with Southend United striker Barry Corr scoring twice after Uwe Rosler’s side had taken a two-goal lead at Roots Hall.

ESPN conclude their coverage with Leeds United or Birmingham City v Tottenham Hotspur at 2pm.

Spurs got their Cup campaign got underway on Saturday against League One’s Coventry City.

The tie was a re-run of the 1987 Final and the Sky Blues wore a replica of their Cup-winning kit but Tottenham ran out comfortable 3-0 winners at White Hart Lane thanks to a first-half brace from Clint Dempsey and a Gareth Bale goal.

Leeds and Birmingham replay next week after a 1-1 draw at Elland Road where Wade Elliott’s long-range strike for the Blues was cancelled out by Luciano Becchio’s second-half equaliser.

All ten clubs will receive £135,850 from The FA's broadcast fund while the winning side will also scoop £90,000 in prize money.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Personally, I'm just glad that there's a chance we might get to see Leeds again. We just do NOT see enough of them.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
So, to summarise, FA Cup matches on TV as follows:

ITV - Crystal Palace/Stoke City v Manchester City on Saturday 26 January at 12.45pm
ESPN - West Ham United/Manchester United v Fulham/Blackpool on Saturday 26 January at 5.30pm.
ESPN - Brentford/Southend v Chelsea on Sunday 27th at 12pm.
ESPN - Leeds United/Birmingham City v Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday 27th at 2pm.
ITV - Oldham Athletic v Liverpool on Sunday 27 January at 4pm.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Personally, I'm just glad that there's a chance we might get to see Leeds again. We just do NOT see enough of them.

In fairness, NE, BHA seem to have been on more this season that any other I can remember already! And didn't we have another game re-scheduled to so that it could be on TV? Hull was it?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Should shut those up CONVINCED 'Barber' had f***ed up by announcing the game too "early"

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
from the fa cup website

ESPN and ITV make their selections for The FA Cup Fourth Round
The FA Cup with Budweiser
Fourth Round Proper
Live TV ties
All clubs will receive £135,850 from The FA's broadcast fund
Winning clubs receive £90,000 from The FA's prize fund
Click here for all the upcoming FA Cup ties

Both ESPN and ITV have confirmed their FA Cup with Budweiser Fourth Round ties for live broadcast later this month.

Yesterday saw ITV1 announce Oldham Athletic v Liverpool on Sunday 27 January at 4pm.

ITV1’s coverage will begin on the Saturday 26 January with Crystal Palace or Stoke City against current Premier League champions Manchester City at 12.45pm.

Roberto Mancini’s side beat Watford 3-0 at the weekend while Palace held the Potters to a 0-0 stalemate at Selhurst Park.

If Stoke see off the Eagles at the Britannia Stadium it will set up a re-run of the 2011 Final which the Citizens won 1-0 thanks to Yaya Toure’s second-half goal at Wembley Stadium.

ESPN viewers will be able to enjoy three FA Cup ties over Fourth Round weekend and their coverage will begin with West Ham United or Manchester United v Fulham or Blackpool on Saturday 26 January at 5.30pm.

Sunday lunchtime will see The FA Cup holders in action with Chelsea heading to either Brentford or Southend United at 12pm.

The Football League sides battled to a 2-2 draw at the weekend with Southend United striker Barry Corr scoring twice after Uwe Rosler’s side had taken a two-goal lead at Roots Hall.

ESPN conclude their coverage with Leeds United or Birmingham City v Tottenham Hotspur at 2pm.

Spurs got their Cup campaign got underway on Saturday against League One’s Coventry City.

The tie was a re-run of the 1987 Final and the Sky Blues wore a replica of their Cup-winning kit but Tottenham ran out comfortable 3-0 winners at White Hart Lane thanks to a first-half brace from Clint Dempsey and a Gareth Bale goal.

Leeds and Birmingham replay next week after a 1-1 draw at Elland Road where Wade Elliott’s long-range strike for the Blues was cancelled out by Luciano Becchio’s second-half equaliser.

All ten clubs will receive £135,850 from The FA's broadcast fund while the winning side will also scoop £90,000 in prize money.

These 2 didn't really need a big announcement, it's the FA Cup so of course they will be on TV. I agree with the Leeds game (assuming they get through) being on but there are far better matches than any of the potential Man Utd ones.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
They are a big club too. Probably the biggest

Massive. Premier League in all but league they play in. :thumbsup:

In fairness, NE, BHA seem to have been on more this season that any other I can remember already! And didn't we have another game re-scheduled to so that it could be on TV? Hull was it?

But we've built them a nice shiny box. And give them complimentary pies.

We have been on a lot, and more than I'd like us to be. I love a good 3pm kick off on a saturday, I am delighted we've been overlooked.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Stoke v man city boring
Man utd v Fulham boring
Brentford v Chelsea boring
Birmingham v spurs boring
Liverpool v Oldham boring

Thank god ESPN contract runs out this year and Itv has always been shit for football

D

Deleted member 18477

So, to summarise, FA Cup matches on TV as follows:

ITV - Crystal Palace/Stoke City v Manchester City on Saturday 26 January at 12.45pm
ESPN - West Ham United/Manchester United v Fulham/Blackpool on Saturday 26 January at 5.30pm.
ESPN - Brentford/Southend v Chelsea on Sunday 27th at 12pm.
ESPN - Leeds United/Birmingham City v Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday 27th at 2pm.
ITV - Oldham Athletic v Liverpool on Sunday 27 January at 4pm.

man utd, liverpool and leeds on TV... surely not? really? i really cannot believe that!

we must have been 6th choice then. not complaining. 3pm on a saturday is quality!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think ITV have seriously f***ed up by choosing Stoke v Man City for the Saturday midday match but may have done that as ESPN grabbed the Man United fixture as their primary game.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It is tough for them pre-replays.

There is no doubt that if it was Brighton v Arsenal vs West Ham v Blackpool, we would have been on. But they have to gamble.

Personally I would have gambled on Arsenal beating Swansea, because if it comes off it is a better tie than at least three of those. I'd give the Chelsea one and Oldham Liverpool the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe it's a backhanded compliment, and losing to us isn't a shock :)

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Stoke v man city boring
Man utd v Fulham boring
Brentford v Chelsea boring
Birmingham v spurs boring
Liverpool v Oldham boring

Thank god ESPN contract runs out this year and Itv has always been shit for football

I don't like the bias towards Man u and Leeds but on this occasion what other games would make good TV
Our game looks good plus Norwich v Luton in my view would be better than Man City for a start

Crystal Palace/Stoke V Man City
Bolton/Sunderland V Everton
Brighton V Swansea/Arsenal
Derby V Blackburn
Huddersfield V Leicester
Hull/Leyton Orient V Barnsley
Macclesfield V Wigan/Bournemouth
Middlesbrough V Aldershot
Norwich V Luton
QPR/West Brom V Sheff Weds/Milton Keynes Dons
Reading V Sheff Utd
West Ham/Man Utd V Fulham/Blackpool