Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The fa cup live games

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm a little disappointed that Leeds will (may) be on ESPN, I was hoping to hear that ITV chant they started a few years ago.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Crystal Palace v Man City will be a bad one to televise because Selhurst Park is a shit ground with a shit atmosphere and they will need to bring lots of scaffolding for cameras and commentators. Also, when Man City go 5 nil up after 20 minutes, people will get bored and turn over, so they won't be able to sell advertising for half time or the "talking bollocks" bit at the end.

If it is Stoke v Man City, it will be a boring episode of "Elbows and Long-throws".

Still, never mind. 3.00 on Saturday is proper football time.

D

Deleted member 18477

i wont really watch the saturday ones now anyway.

the early KO i will miss traveling to our game and the later game i will miss due to traveling home.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Crystal Palace v Man City will be a bad one to televise because Selhurst Park is a shit ground with a shit atmosphere and they will need to bring lots of scaffolding for cameras and commentators. Also, when Man City go 5 nil up after 20 minutes, people will get bored and turn over, so they won't be able to sell advertising for half time or the "talking bollocks" bit at the end.

If it is Stoke v Man City, it will be a boring episode of "Elbows and Long-throws".

Still, never mind. 3.00 on Saturday is proper football time.

ITV will dread going to Smellhurst as the satellite uplink truck with a 1 metre dish on the roof is an obvious target to be firebombed.

D

Deleted member 18477

Arsenal v Swansea was on ESPN.

swansea v arsenal was on ESPN

and arsenal v swansea replay is on ESPN.

and brighton v newcastle was on ITV

so all the teams due to play in our match have been on tele at least once.

cant say im surprised that our game isnt televised.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Feel very sorry for the non league teams still left in. Massive payday for them proportionally to be on TV, perhaps once in a 10 year chance to have a full game on the telly, and both have been ignored.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Feel very sorry for the non league teams still left in. Massive payday for them proportionally to be on TV, perhaps once in a 10 year chance to have a full game on the telly, and both have been ignored.

Trouble is for me personally I don't see Luton town as a non league club after being a league club for so many years and Maccesfield have had a stint in the football league as well
If Hastings had of gone through I think that might of been televised as more of a non league giant killing ,Luton & Maccesfield don't give me that romance of the FA cup non league underdog

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No complaints from me; proper Cup tie on the proper day at the proper time. Now all I need are some tickets!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
im glad brighton are not live, but that is a shit selection of games, what happened to the magic of the cup and Lutons and Maccelsfield games being shown.....its a load of bollox

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm a little disappointed that Leeds will (may) be on ESPN, I was hoping to hear that ITV chant they started a few years ago.

Which was?

Trouble is for me personally I don't see Luton town as a non league club after being a league club for so many years and Maccesfield have had a stint in the football league as well
If Hastings had of gone through I think that might of been televised as more of a non league giant killing ,Luton & Maccesfield don't give me that romance of the FA cup non league underdog

What does that have to do with the fact they're non-league NOW? With respect, it's this sort of thinking which continues to make Leeds fans feel superior.

lfc

Sep 2, 2011
Obviously its no good for the lads who dont go to the games, but for the matchgoing fans you have done well, Saturday 3pm v Arsenal or Swansea is a proper cup tie.
We've got to go to Oldham on a Sunday evening, which is crap, and I'd have certainly preferred a Saturday at 3pm.

On a side note, showing the Premier League ties all the time is grim, and boring.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Obviously its no good for the lads who dont go to the games, but for the matchgoing fans you have done well, Saturday 3pm v Arsenal or Swansea is a proper cup tie.
We've got to go to Oldham on a Sunday evening, which is crap, and I'd have certainly preferred a Saturday at 3pm.

On a side note, showing the Premier League ties all the time is grim, and boring.
showing both Manchester clubs is boring

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I think ITV have seriously f***ed up by choosing Stoke v Man City for the Saturday midday match but may have done that as ESPN grabbed the Man United fixture as their primary game.

I think Palace stand a good chance of getting through tbh. I doubt Stoke will play their first team only to be knocked out by City in the next round.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

But they ARE non-league NOW. Doesn't matter where they have been, by the very nature of where they are now, means that they don't get the revenue opportunities that those in the top four tiers do. Ironically, they are also the ones that often need the money most...

I think this is the FA showing it's 'commercial' side. Premier League teams on prime-time TV, regardless of the competition, will get a lot more people watching than non-league/lower league sides. Plus the line-ups will probably be stronger, with more familiar faces in the line-ups. Thus helping advertisers, TV companies, and Premier League team fans happy. It doesn't really sit right with me, but it is what it is.

Let's just hope we get Leeds or Man U in Round 5, to get back on the box :jester: :albion2: :goal:

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Man Utd v Fulham? Is it me or is that an extremely boring game to have on TV?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here