Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Euro's and young German girl crying.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
These days if you want to find things you find offensive it's very easy to find them - you can go on twitter and search for things you won't like. In the old days you'd've had to actually go and look for people to take offence at.

It's still a waste of time though. I'm not sure that "people watching a football match laughed or cheered somewhat unpleasantly" is a huge story unless you really want it to be.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Has anyone actually seen some of the comments? ****ing vile abuse aimed at young girl. Why are people employing all this whataboutry for?

To be fair I haven't, Twitter is an absolute cesspool that I try to avoid, I just thought the sight of a German fam crying after we beat them 2-0 was mildly amusing.

The thing with Twitter is that you only find horrible things if you go on there and look for them. I'm sure the girl's parents won't let her within a mile of twitter for at least a decade.

Anyone donating money is an absolute plank, there's children starving, homeless and drowning in the channel and they're worried about some twitter comments which they had to seek out. I feel like people are lacking perspective here :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
To be fair I haven't, Twitter is an absolute cesspool that I try to avoid, I just thought the sight of a German fam crying after we beat them 2-0 was mildly amusing.

The thing with Twitter is that you only find horrible things if you go on there and look for them. I'm sure the girl's parents won't let her within a mile of twitter for at least a decade.

Anyone donating money is an absolute plank, there's children starving, homeless and drowning in the channel and they're worried about some twitter comments which they had to seek out. I feel like people are lacking perspective here :shrug:

It was very hard to avoid because of the disgust. There has already been a thread on Nsc about it.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Is anyone having a pop at the tv camera crew for zooming in on the girl crying?

Just a thought, if nobody saw her on tv there wouldn’t be any online comments.

Good point, maybe xenophobia and racism has infiltrated the media. . . . :whistle:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'll quote my mate when this little girl flashed up on the screen:

"But father, zis is not vot is supposed to have been happened. Zis is VEMBLEY"

I laughed. Sorry.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

Great post.

You are always going to get clowns on Twitter who post stuff which is below the belt on any topic. It’s a common denominator in life that dickheads exist.

Want to find something to be offended about? Go on Twitter. It’s a sloppy way to raise the profile of something which would be ignored by everyone otherwise.

And that’s how the trolls win….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Kids get over these bouts of crying over trivial in the grand scheme of things.

I used to cry when I was young coz I had freckles. I look back now and laugh about it.

That young girl will look back at it in years to come and laugh about that as well probably.

The on line abuse is a different matter though. Any personally directing abuse can leave permanent emotional scars so that's the thing that is the worst in all of this. Hopefully she never ever gets to view that.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
undefined - Imgur.gif

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Zenophobia/nationalism/right wing populism has been on the rise all over the world, unfortunately. Including much of Europe. Certainly including Germany. I'm sick of people thinking it's just here.

Not defending morons who have abused her online of course.

I’m not sure who these “people” are you speak of are, but I hope you’re not thinking I’m one of them.

I understand we’re not alone in having Nasty people amongst us, but the point is most of us here live in the U.K. so look inwards to our own country. If we’re not as bad as others then good, still doesn’t mean there isn’t a problem here!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here