Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The EU wants Britain to leave "as soon as possible"

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
They are rather in charge of the timetable. I assume this is of no surprise - and quite understandable?

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Really? So let's get this clear here. Which party instigates Article 50?

Thought so!

The one with the bigger majority as soon as the intention to leave is indicated.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
No, it's up to us to start Article 50, the EU can't do anything before that.

No it is not. Get in the real world. We are in opposition now, not in Union. We have to recognize that.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I think we should be interested in looking at how we can work together with European neighbours don't you?

They'll be posturing early doors, no one wants to look like the loser in this, but sense will prevail and terms will be agreed.

No one wants a mess , it wont happen.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
No it is not. Get in the real world. We are in opposition now, not in Union. We have to recognize that.

Afraid it is old boy, until the British Government trigger Article 50 nothings going to happen.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
They'll be posturing early doors, no one wants to look like the loser in this, but sense will prevail and terms will be agreed.

No one wants a mess , it wont happen.

There will be no posturing. We need to meet them head on.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Still in the EU the referendum result being advisory with no legal basis. Nothing ive seen suggests the EU Can force our hands as to when section 50 is invoked

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Afraid it is old boy, until the British Government trigger Article 50 nothings going to happen.

Er, no. It can be enforced in the case of referendum.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Still in the EU the referendum result being advisory with no legal basis. Nothing ive seen suggests the EU Can force our hands as to when section 50 is invoked
Referendum is binding..... but when will be once the Cameron replacement get sorted.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Check the small print.

.......and stop this "Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(" crap - it's even sillier than the berks who think they can't switch of tapatalk tags.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Er, no. It can be enforced in the case of referendum.
Not by the EU it can't. Our referendum was a vote within the UK, and no one outside of the UK gets to act on it. The EU have to wait for us. Before then, we need to put forward our best negotiators, or the ones with the most guts.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
If they want us to leave quickly then let's hear their best offer. The shoe's on the other foot now. Nothing will force us to start the process before we have a willing replacement prime minister

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
If they want us to leave quickly then let's hear their best offer. The shoe's on the other foot now. Nothing will force us to start the process before we have a willing replacement prime minister

We shall leave when we are darned well ready to leave, and not before.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Watching the Stock Exchanges, our decision has had a fierce knock-on effect World over. And if any of you 'Leave' guys think we can just brush this off, you are beyond naive. We will be punished.
And right on cue, I see Madam Sturgeon has already made it clear we can expect a new 'Scotland Out' referendum poste haste.
I posted this scenario only last week, and it was met with derision by several 'Outers' ... Parte Dieux of my views were that Scotland will then apply for membership to the European Market.......more to follow.
Enjoy your moment. :shrug:

Let Scotland vote to leave, that's another huge wage bill and waste of money we can save.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here