The establishment and historic child sex abuse

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sexual offenders aren't eligible for HDC. Even if they were you can only serve a maximum of 4.5 months on tag.

Unless the law changes he'll serve at least 34.5 months inside.

Will be interesting to see how he get categorised though.
Thanks for explaining as I misunderstood the HDC as I am sure nany others do.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Do you mean Shakil Chowdhury? If so, he was sentenced to 6 years - your 3 is a bit disingenuous, as that would be assuming he got out after 50% of the tariff. Also, he pleaded guilty, unlike Harris.

If you're going to make comparisons to make a point, why not use the actual facts so that a comparison can properly be made?

Of course - if you didn't mean Chowdury, perhaps you could say who you did mean?

With this type of caper pleading guilty really should make no difference to the length of the sentance you either did it or you didn't.
Or is it that the sentance is 3 years but put up to 5 if you plead innocent.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wouldn't happen if it was a Asian man. Makes me laugh our justice system. Asian man rapes a 12 year old schoolgirl in Oldham and gets 3 years. Don't see the outcry in the tree hugging liberal left Guardian paper in outrage calling the sentence a complete utter disgrace, but there you go.

There really is no need to try and turn these things into some kind of race debate. Harris is a convicted sex offender. As are numerous other people. Comparing sentences in any area of the law is likely to be a minefield because they are arbitrary things decided by individual judges.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
With this type of caper pleading guilty really should make no difference to the length of the sentance you either did it or you didn't.
Or is it that the sentance is 3 years but put up to 5 if you plead innocent.

I think the logic behind being given a lower sentence if you plead guilty is that:

- it demonstrates that the accused recognises the wrongness of their actions
- it demonstrates at least some level of remorse
- it saves the Court time
- it reduces the cost to the taxpayer, since no trial need be had
- it means that prosecution witnesses need not be put through the trauma of giving evidence (presumably particularly relevant in the case of alleged sexual abuse victims)
- probably many more that I'm insufficiently knowledgeable to comment upon.

These things, taken together, are deemed worthy of a shorter sentence by our justice system.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Nope, just the one Asian man who was sentenced to 3 years for raping a 12-year old schoolgirl in Oldham, like you asserted. You must have had someone in mind to make such a specific assertion - just name that one. It's Chowdury, isn't it? :thumbsup:

Just popped back to see if you've replied, sorry for the delay but I have an 82 year old dad I care for and am upstairs, downstairs trying to cook his afternoon roast and be on here. I'll get round to it.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
There really is no need to try and turn these things into some kind of race debate. Harris is a convicted sex offender. As are numerous other people. Comparing sentences in any area of the law is likely to be a minefield because they are arbitrary things decided by individual judges.

Bet you're itching to hit that ban button aren't you.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Just popped back to see if you've replied, sorry for the delay but I have an 82 year old dad I care for and am upstairs, downstairs trying to cook his afternoon roast and be on here. I'll get round to it.

It took you a lot longer to type all this than to say "Yes, it's Chowdury", or "No, it's XXXX", but ok.

I hope your Dad enjoys his roast!

n0-sIs

Banned
Jul 1, 2014
When one sees the amount of images of Harris and Savile with the Royalty and Politicians it really opens up the rabit hole.....the question is how far "up the ladder" does this ring go?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
If anyone can be bothered to educate themselves, the ministry of justice rules on Home Detention Curfew are available online. The administrative rules document number is 6700 and no sex offender, violent offender, terrorist or category A prisoner (mostly!) are exempt from 'HDC'. Additionally your sentence must be 4yrs or less to even be considered. The parole board will make the final decision on a release date for Pervert Rolf Harris. Please stop being so 'Daily Mail' (well most of you anyway!)

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
If anyone can be bothered to educate themselves, the ministry of justice rules on Home Detention Curfew are available online. The administrative rules document number is 6700 and no sex offender, violent offender, terrorist or category A prisoner (mostly!) are exempt from 'HDC'. Additionally your sentence must be 4yrs or less to even be considered. The parole board will make the final decision on a release date for Pervert Rolf Harris. Please stop being so 'Daily Mail' (well most of you anyway!)

That isn't strictly true any more. They've relaxed the rules with regards to violence simply because the prisons are so full (something daft like 99.1% capacity). You are right about the 4 years though which I forgot to mention early. The sentence must be between 12 weeks and 4 years to qualify.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
When one sees the amount of images of Harris and Savile with the Royalty and Politicians it really opens up the rabit hole.....the question is how far "up the ladder" does this ring go?

you cant help yourself can you hybrid
same old bollocks.......same old spelling problem!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It took you a lot longer to type all this than to say "Yes, it's Chowdury", or "No, it's XXXX", but ok.

I hope your Dad enjoys his roast!

That roast seems to be taking an age to cook !

Last edited:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
What makes you say that?

From wiki

The brutal murder of Jill Dando was ordered by the highest echelons of British society once it became clear that she had evidence of the ring and was about to expose it.

Jill Dando was shot at point-blank range in the head to silence her and also to serve as a warning to other journalists to keep their mouths shut.

We now know that child-rapist DJ Jimmy Savile had been abusing and procuring children at the BBC for decades and Jill Dando knew about Savile

Nobody said a word because of Savile’s links to the royals and government. But Jill Dando knowing about Jimmy Savile and would not have kept quiet.

Savile is known to have threatened to silence anyone who crossed him by using his contacts in the state run IRA and criminal underworld.

"
"As Dando was about to put her keys in the lock to open the front door of her home in Fulham, she was grabbed from behind. With his right arm, the assailant held her and forced her to the ground, so that her face was almost touching the tiled step of the porch. Then, with his left hand, he fired a single shot at her left temple, killing her instantly. The bullet entered her head just above her ear, parallel to the ground, and came out the right side of her head."

— Bob Woffinden, The Guardian, July 2002.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

No answer then? Ha! Could you make yourself look anymore of a thick, racist numbnuts!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Wouldn't happen if it was a Asian man. Makes me laugh our justice system. Asian man rapes a 12 year old schoolgirl in Oldham and gets 3 years. Don't see the outcry in the tree hugging liberal left Guardian paper in outrage calling the sentence a complete utter disgrace, but there you go.

Virtually every debate resorts in you playing the race card these days, says a lot about what you are.

I dread to think what might happen if Travellers invaded Upper Beeding

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
I'm gutted that the person who sang the definitive version of 'Stairway To Heaven' is a Nonce.

Anyone know who the TOTP DJ was that day ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports