The establishment and historic child sex abuse

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
The sentencing of Rolf Harris for indecent assaults has been referred to the Attorney General for being too lenient

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
True. It's making me uncomfortable how we keep hearing that there exists evidence of organized abuse by groups of powerful/influential people, and the prosecutions - while they are totally welcome - seem to be targeted at individuals like Rolph Harris who were acting alone. There seems to be only half the story being told here if you ask me.

very much so...it seems that therewas a bit of a culture of kiddie fiddling going on back then with lots of "elite entertainment personalities"imbibing in the sins of drink , drugs and fiddling with kids........filthy kants no doubt but it seems that there waere a lot of them "at it"................oh dear..:down:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
BBC banner headline.
I've just been on the BBC site and read about the case in general, but didn't see anything about the referral of the sentencing.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Alledgedly murdered as she was going to expose Saville.

Interestingly Barry George has never been paid any compensation for the miscarriage of justice over Dando that led to his eight year incarceration.

If you are a fan of conspiracy theories, get stuck into this

http://google-law.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/jill-dando-murdered-by-state-to-keep.html

this rumour has been around for a while now
and I for one would not disbelieve it out of hand
there really are some nasty bar stewards around in this very modern world

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I've just been on the BBC site and read about the case in general, but didn't see anything about the referral of the sentencing.

I agree it is curious that it is not mentioned in the actual report but if you look at the flashing banner headline at the top of the BBC news homepage it has been flashing that up since c2.30pm, and is still there now.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013

I agree it is curious that it is not mentioned in the actual report but if you look at the flashing banner headline at the top of the BBC news homepage it has been flashing that up since c2.30pm, and is still there now.

Rolf Harris jail sentence to be reviewed by attorney general
Dominic Grieve receives public complaints that term of five years and nine months for indecent assault of girls is unduly lenient

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jul/04/rolf-harris-jail-sentence-review-attorney-general

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ah, not for me - add blocker

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not quite sure what to make of either his wife or his daughter. Both must have been disgusted by his behaviour shirley? Shows total disrespect to his victims to be going into court doing that fake holdy-handy *hit.

I'd imagine that the 11 million inheritance that his daughter is expecting to come her way, is a factor in her decision not to cut ties with him.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
this rumour has been around for a while now
and I for one would not disbelieve it out of hand
there really are some nasty bar stewards around in this very modern world

With Saville being right up there!!

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Rolf Harris jail sentence to be reviewed by attorney general
Dominic Grieve receives public complaints that term of five years and nine months for indecent assault of girls is unduly lenient

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jul/04/rolf-harris-jail-sentence-review-attorney-general

Wouldn't happen if it was a Asian man. Makes me laugh our justice system. Asian man rapes a 12 year old schoolgirl in Oldham and gets 3 years. Don't see the outcry in the tree hugging liberal left Guardian paper in outrage calling the sentence a complete utter disgrace, but there you go.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Asian man rapes a 12 year old schoolgirl in Oldham and gets 3 years.

Do you mean Shakil Chowdhury? If so, he was sentenced to 6 years - your 3 is a bit disingenuous, as that would be assuming he got out after 50% of the tariff. Also, he pleaded guilty, unlike Harris.

If you're going to make comparisons to make a point, why not use the actual facts so that a comparison can properly be made?

Of course - if you didn't mean Chowdury, perhaps you could say who you did mean?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Do you mean Shakil Chowdhury? If so, he was sentenced to 6 years - your 3 is a bit disingenuous, as that would be assuming he got out after 50% of the tariff. Also, he pleaded guilty, unlike Harris.

If you're going to make comparisons to make a point, why not use the actual facts so that a comparison can properly be made?

Of course - if you didn't mean Chowdury, perhaps you could say who you did mean?

Where do you want me to start, want me to name them all because there is hundreds.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Where do you want me to start, want me to name them all because there is hundreds.

Nope, just the one Asian man who was sentenced to 3 years for raping a 12-year old schoolgirl in Oldham, like you asserted. You must have had someone in mind to make such a specific assertion - just name that one. It's Chowdury, isn't it? :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports