Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] The 'Especially for Billy the Fish' 2nd Test Eng v India at Lords thread

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Surely Sibley has had his time now for England. I can’t remember many more limited players than him, can barely score on the off side and whilst he survives the scoreboard never pushes on.

I’m not sure who is out there, but wouldn’t be adverse to Crawley or Hameed opening if we can’t find anyone else.

It’s all immaterial anyway, because India are much too good for us.

In terms of technically limited players, only one I've seen is Cook but he more than made up for it with sheer bloody-mindedness and an absolute awareness of where his off-stump is (plus a far better set of players around him).

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's a shame South Africa were admitted back into test cricket, otherwise we could have commandeered Dean Elgar, Quinton de Kock and Faf du Plessis to shore up the top of the order like we did with Chris Smith, Robin Smith and Allan Lamb.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
In terms of technically limited players, only one I've seen is Cook but he more than made up for it with sheer bloody-mindedness and an absolute awareness of where his off-stump is (plus a far better set of players around him).

I think that’s harsh on Cook. Whilst not the most aesthetically pleasing, he was strong off the back foot and that alone gave him more scoring options than Sibley.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
50 partnership between Burns and Root, and seemingly ticking along nicely, but, you know with England.... it won't take much for a collapse.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
With previous England teams I would have called that a good day and been confident we could post a decent total.

We all know we're going to be all out for about 220 tomorrow though.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Heading up to Lords for day 3, should be a full crowd and a great atmosphere - until play starts!

Chances of England losing 17 wickets today - reasonable. Equally some stubborn resistance could see us perhaps end the day on parity.

As ever, it all depends on Root. He gets a big score and England get past 300 then wheel likely draw. If he goes early... :down:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
With previous England teams I would have called that a good day and been confident we could post a decent total.

We all know we're going to be all out for about 220 tomorrow though.

I'm taking all the credit for today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here