Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Dunk sending off

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Crap ref and linos, but the Dunk decision was correct. Idiotic thing to do when already on a yellow, he'd already been given the free kick.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Can someone confirm how many games Dunk misses.

I thought one as two yellow's, but my friend tells me it's three, as it's his second sending off.

You're right, your mate's wrong. Two yellows is a one-game ban, and Dunk hasn't been sent off this season.
That officiating team were just dire. The linesmen, but especially the one on the WSU/WSL side were simply awful. That ref was the most pedantic I've seen, and made about ten non-/decisions that should have gone for us.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I thought it was a very harsh yellow for Dunk. It appeared he was just trying to get the Brentford player out of the way to get the ball back to restart the game quickly but the ref has interpretted this as retaliation i guess which i don't hink it was.

You see players pushing others out of the way to get the ball back to take a free kick when the opponent is deliberately slowing down play and i can't remember anyone ever getting booked for this until today. The Brentford guy fell over easily but i don't think he took a dive to get Dunk sent off and the push wasn't malicious, but the Brentford player looked to lose his balance and thats why he fell. The Brentford player was time wasting by keeping the ball mmaking it doubly harsh imo.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
Not a yellow imo hands were not raised small push their player cheated by collapsing in a heap. Seen far far worse in the penalty box every time there is a corner

A di if it had been the other way round? You'd have been screaming for the Brentford player to go. Dunk was on a booking, he'd got the free kick and he pushed the player over. He cost us the game today. Simple.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You're right, your mate's wrong. Two yellows is a one-game ban, and Dunk hasn't been sent off this season.
That officiating team were just dire. The linesmen, but especially the one on the WSU/WSL side were simply awful. That ref was the most pedantic I've seen, and made about ten non-/decisions that should have gone for us.

Halford looked as though he might have picked up a calf injury near the end (?) ..so might see Hughes and Greer Wednesday

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
As a referee, I guess I'm best placed to comment.

They were pretty poor today, bizarre decisions all round. That said, the 2 yellows for Dunk were probably the only correct decisions given. First 20 minutes werent that bad for the ref, but it just went downhill.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
CH was having a right go at the lino on a few occasions, the one in the second half when CMS was clean through was not offside because the ball rebounded of a Brentford player.

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
The secound yellow wasn't for the challenge, it was because after the challenge dunk ran over to the player and pushed him over with both hands. Which was at least a yellow. Also the first yellow was an obvious yellow .
so a deserved sending off. Dunk should of known better.

I agree though if the assistant had done his job and flagged for the foul as soon as it happened it would have taken the heat out of the situation and I v much doubt that dunk would have reacted as he did. As the lino did F ALL and the ref gave the foul a few seconds later led to the red mist descending on Lewis and a def second yellow. Shocking lino I'm afraid

D

Deleted member 2719

I thought it was a very harsh yellow for Dunk. It appeared he was just trying to get the Brentford player out of the way to get the ball back to restart the game quickly but the ref has interpretted this as retaliation i guess which i don't hink it was.

You see players pushing others out of the way to get the ball back to take a free kick when the opponent is deliberately slowing down play and i can't remember anyone ever getting booked for this until today. The Brentford guy fell over easily but i don't think he took a dive to get Dunk sent off and the push wasn't malicious, but the Brentford player looked to lose his balance and thats why he fell. The Brentford player was time wasting by keeping the ball mmaking it doubly harsh imo.

Maybe you couldn't see it but Dunk did stick a rugby tackle around the guys feet before pushing him. Both of those incidents could have got yellow.
The ref was pants thou.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
A di if it had been the other way round? You'd have been screaming for the Brentford player to go. Dunk was on a booking, he'd got the free kick and he pushed the player over. He cost us the game today. Simple.

I wouldn't have thought it was a booking if it was the Brentford player instead of Dunk as i didn't interpret as anything more than trying to get the ball back quickly by trying to move the other player out of the way to get to be able to get to the ball and take the free kick to carry on with the game whilst the Brentford player was blocking him from getting it by kicking it whilst walking away (time wasting).

I thought the keepers booking for time wasting was very harsh too.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Maybe you couldn't see it but Dunk did stick a rugby tackle around the guys feet before pushing him. Both of those incidents could have got yellow.
The ref was pants thou.

I saw where it looked like Dunk tried to head the ball whilst on the ground as the Brentford player kicked the ball away after the free kick was awarded (looked like Dunk wasn't aware a free kick had been given and was trying to prevent the player from getting the ball and a free run on goal by trying to knock the ball away by heading it) - but no i didn't see any rugby tackle attempt by Dunk, either at the time (happened bery near to me) and on any of the replays i saw at the ground after the match

rgb

Jan 14, 2014
Possibly deliberate by Dunk to clear his account before his transfer to AFCB?

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
Hah, from my booze tinted specs it looked like he handed the guy off when he went at him after the whistle and he made a meal of it. Haven't seen a replay yet but presumably i was very very wrong. What a pity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here