[Palace] The dumping ground for posts made by Palace fans on non-Palace threads

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Partly. Palace were top when Freedman went and took all the coaching staff with him. To still get promoted was a huge achievement, not luck. As I've said before Brighton could only manage 1 win in 4 attempts. That tells me Palace were not a bad side at all.

Yet we finished above you

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Wildly incorrect.

I've been one of the more active moderators on there for nearly a decade and not once banned a Brighton fan for conversing with the locals on matters not related to Albion. Like, N-E-V-E-R. Sure, the odd, obvious wind-up merchant in GPD gets bumped to the Away Fans End, but the majority of your boys are free to post where they like, when they like.

Then again, I've also never Paul Daniels-ed a matchday thread into thin air so as to avoid my fellow forum members getting egg on their faces, so I guess we all have our moderating foibles.

Anyway, your board, your rules. You want us gone, I'm gone. Even so, I look forward to sharing a drink with those of you who can take a bit of gentle ribbing at next year's REMF game. No, not that kind. Well, not unless you buy me a beer first...

What a load of balls.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
But it isn't gentle ribbing from you lot its you take it up the arse , your benders ect your last sentence is just proof .
Wildly incorrect.

I've been one of the more active moderators on there for nearly a decade and not once banned a Brighton fan for conversing with the locals on matters not related to Albion. Like, N-E-V-E-R. Sure, the odd, obvious wind-up merchant in GPD gets bumped to the Away Fans End, but the majority of your boys are free to post where they like, when they like.

Then again, I've also never Paul Daniels-ed a matchday thread into thin air so as to avoid my fellow forum members getting egg on their faces, so I guess we all have our moderating foibles.

Anyway, your board, your rules. You want us gone, I'm gone. Even so, I look forward to sharing a drink with those of you who can take a bit of gentle ribbing at next year's REMF game. No, not that kind. Well, not unless you buy me a beer first...

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Not that at all, no.

You can post anywhere you like, but if you post anything piss-takey on Albion threads it will be moved here in order to give the discussion the best chance of continuing without descending into the same old tired Albion v Palace binfest.

I still think this approach is preferable to the BBS where, I understand, opposing fans are banished to an away end visited by 7 Palace fans and many tumbleweeds.

Would you really rather have that here, where you could only post in a sub-forum where next to no one will read what you write?

Well that wasn't what you said earlier.
So, just to clarify, I can post on ANY thread, as long as I don't take the piss out of Brighton ?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Well that wasn't what you said earlier.
So, just to clarify, I can post on ANY thread, as long as I don't take the piss out of Brighton ?

Personally I'd rather you all pissed off back to your own board. You lot rarely have anything worthwhile to add anyway.

Still, if you are the sort who likes to hang out with people who dislike you intensely I suppose it's your prerogative. I wouldn't knowingly associate with anyone who supports your lot in my everyday life.The ones I've met are as dull as ditchwater.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Personally I'd rather you all pissed off back to your own board. You lot rarely have anything worthwhile to add anyway.

Still, if you are the sort who likes to hang out with people who dislike you intensely I suppose it's your prerogative. I wouldn't knowingly associate with anyone who supports your lot in my everyday life.The ones I've met are as dull as ditchwater.

Well if we upset you that much, you could leave this thread alone.
There's plenty of non Palace threads you can post on now.
Off you go :)

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Cannot be @rsed to read through all these posts, just cannot grasp why CP fans feel the need to post on here. Whilst I know my decision will give their forum a sense of loss and missing out, I have no inclination whatsoever to make any sort of post on there.

9949899.jpg

Anyone who believes the BBS moderator is an arse.

Every Brighton fan, apart from Spielberg but he only ever posts about REMF, is shunted off to the Away End where it is allowed, nay encouraged, by their so called moderators to abuse you.

We are "shit eating paedo nonces" according to some, and glory hole WSU bog dwellers to others. That'll be you VHA.

But it's just so unfair when we call them Nigels on here.

Benzhiyi

Feb 8, 2004
But it isn't gentle ribbing from you lot its you take it up the arse , your benders ect your last sentence is just proof .

I wasn't intending to post again, but consider it right to clear the above post up: That was a self-effacing remark about me being easy, and not in any way meant to be a joke about anyone's perceived sexual orientation. Well, other than mine.

I find all the 'Brighton R Gay' stuff hugely childish and unnecessary. There's not even a hint of humour - which is what any rivalry should be about, at least when our teams aren't banging heads on the pitch - in it.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I wasn't intending to post again, but consider it right to clear the above post up: That was a self-effacing remark about me being easy, and not in any way meant to be a joke about anyone's perceived sexual orientation. Well, other than mine.

I find all the 'Brighton R Gay' stuff hugely childish and unnecessary. There's not even a hint of humour - which is what any rivalry should be about, at least when our teams aren't banging heads on the pitch - in it.

Yeah. That'd be right. Forgot yourself for a minute there eh Jesterboy? Ooh..I didn't really go on NSC and make a joke about anal did I? I didn't mean it...please forgive me.

Tit.

Benzhiyi

Feb 8, 2004
Anyone who believes the BBS moderator is an arse.

Every Brighton fan, apart from Spielberg but he only ever posts about REMF, is shunted off to the Away End where it is allowed, nay encouraged, by their so called moderators to abuse you.

We are "shit eating paedo nonces" according to some, and glory hole WSU bog dwellers to others. That'll be you VHA.

But it's just so unfair when we call them Nigels on here.

Even a BBS moderator who has plenty of Brighton mates, actively supports the REMF to the point of only ever having missed two games, and drummed up national support for your petition for a new ground when he ran the Zoo magazine website? (Have a look at my earliest posts on these forums.)

If it wasn't the truth I just wouldn't post. I gain nothing from coming on here to offer a BBS mod point of view, as Leighgull's succinct response demonstrates.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

Theres an unwritten rule that Brighton fans should post in the away end. Most of the time if they post on the main board they will be told in no uncertain terms that they should post in the away end.

Benzhiyi

Feb 8, 2004
Yeah. That'd be right. Forgot yourself for a minute there eh Jesterboy? Ooh..I didn't really go on NSC and make a joke about anal did I? I didn't mean it...please forgive me.

Tit.

Honestly, you've misread me on this one. How about the benefit of the doubt, given that I've posted sensibly here for 10 years, before you start dishing out playground names?

Totally uncalled for, man.

Honestly, you've misread me on this one. How about the benefit of the doubt, given that I've posted sensibly here for 10 years, before you start dishing out playground names?

30 posts in 10 years.

Personally, I have many Palace supporting friends, all of whom are capable of piss taking without resorting to the rubbish you and your lot come up with. But they are real people and not sitting behind a keyboard acting all "hard"

And to my shame I give it back on here.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012

Alright. Benefit given.

Benzhiyi

Feb 8, 2004
30 posts in 10 years.

Personally, I have many Palace supporting friends, all of whom are capable of piss taking without resorting to the rubbish you and your lot come up with. But they are real people and not sitting behind a keyboard acting all "hard"

And to my shame I give it back on here.

Same boat. Lots of good mates who are Albion, and enjoy a drink or five with you boys at the REMF game every year.

Other than towards Bozza for moving the Liverpool-Palace thread, what pisstaking have I done on here?Again, the ribbing comment was a self-effacing joke. Though granted, perhaps misguided given certain chants of ours.

I'm no keyboard warrior - easy to find on Twitter and the BBS, not to mention at Lewes once a season (the fat Razor Ruddock lookalike usually found at centre back). Not sure what I did to make you think that.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
but the majority of your boys are free to post where they like, when they like.

My experience was that's not entirely true. When your lot bought Dobbie from us, I was genuinely curious how he'd do because I had a theory that he'd be a great signing and so I posted in the Dobbie thread in your transfers forum. No warning, no mention of why but it was deleted. I'd heard similar from lots of others. Anyhow, message understood. Brighton fans are not welcome. All your board seems to encourage is wind-up Albion fans and a pretty free range for your fellow Palace fans to give out the old gay abuse. Most of it low-level schoolboy stuff so I don't think anyone's offended - before you ask.

Anyhow - back to the claim that Brighton fans can contribute sensibly on other football areas on your board - apparently not. Any ideas what house rules I breached with this post?

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=240146

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports