Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The DECIDER - 5th Test Match, The Oval - England vs Australia

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Alright travesty is a bit harsh, but IMO England are not good enough and I dont want a repeat of post 2005 when the powers that be thought that everything in the England camp was rosy.

The 2005 side was a good team, but England have regressed since then and a win for them here could hide that. They have lost key players and not replaced them. There does not appear to be a huge amount of new talent emerging either. The only batsmen who looks like he could have a great future is Cook. Bell has gone backwards. Our best bowler is retiring. Broad looks like our best bowler for the future, but even he has not improved much from when he first started. Where are the young, talented players pushing for places to replace the dead wood?

Oz's batting has been far superior in this series. The bowling attack of both sides is not up to much. I just think a win here for England could paper over the cracks of a team in decline.
Piss off you Aussie c*nt. :tosser:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Alright travesty is a bit harsh, but IMO England are not good enough and I dont want a repeat of post 2005 when the powers that be thought that everything in the England camp was rosy.

The 2005 side was a good team, but England have regressed since then and a win for them here could hide that. They have lost key players and not replaced them. There does not appear to be a huge amount of new talent emerging either. The only batsmen who looks like he could have a great future is Cook. Bell has gone backwards. Our best bowler is retiring. Broad looks like our best bowler for the future, but even he has not improved much from when he first started. Where are the young, talented players pushing for places to replace the dead wood?

Oz's batting has been far superior in this series. The bowling attack of both sides is not up to much. I just think a win here for England could paper over the cracks of a team in decline.
serious question , what wholesale changes do you think will be made if we lose ? i cant see there being any , in that case i'd take a win !

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
serious question , what wholesale changes do you think will be made if we lose ? i cant see there being any , in that case i'd take a win !

You're probably right, there would not be wholesale changes cos we have not got anyone pushing to get into the team. There lies the problem. Ravi Bopara was the great hope after the Windies tour and look at him now.

I genuinely want England to win, I really do. If they win and then say "actually we are crap, lets do something about it", then even better.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
You're probably right, there would not be wholesale changes cos we have not got anyone pushing to get into the team. There lies the problem. Ravi Bopara was the great hope after the Windies tour and look at him now.

I genuinely want England to win, I really do. If they win and then say "actually we are crap, lets do something about it", then even better.
spot on................. by the way , why are you an aussie c*nt ??!!

I think there would be a fair few. I think there will probably be a fair few anyway. Given that the England setup seems to be based around the Ashes series, we will be building towards the next one.

Strauss they will persist with as he is captain.
Collingwood is 33; he'll probably be around for one more series in 18 months, but after that? The rest of the middle order hasn't convinced at all.
The middle order slots around Pietersen are therefore very much up for grabs.

In the bowling department, we need two bowlers; Onions will be around, but Freddie will be gone (probably with Broad promoted to 7) and I hope Harmison is nowhere near. Similarly I can't see Sidebottom being around for the Aus tour in 18 months.

So in terms of a 15 man squad I reckon you have the following (the question marked men are those currently in possession);

Strauss (c)
Cook
Pietersen
?? (Bell?)
?? (Bopara?)
?? (Trott?)
Prior
Broad
Anderson
Onions
Swann
?? (Panesar? - probably Rashid)
?? (Siders?)
?? (Bresnan?)
?? (Harmison?)

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham

I think Bopara has a good future - but not at no 3. Put him down at 5 and watch him go.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Well this is certainly going to be Flintoff's last test and almost definetely Harmison's. I think Broad and Anderson plus 2/3 of Onions, Sidebottom, Swann, Rashid, Bresnan would be a very good attack if they played consistently together and stayed fit

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
41-1 after 10 overs tells you all you need to know. Great scoring rate, but any wonder that people lose their wickets and make themselves look like cnts.

its starting to edge nearer to respectability already, and it seems like 5 minutes ago cook went. This is part of the problem. Another couple tumble and its They Are All Gutless Arseholes time again. Without sounding all Boycott, just score at 2 an over for a day, let 3 overs go where absolutely f*** all happens, just for my stress levels sake.

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
41-1 after 10 overs tells you all you need to know. Great scoring rate, but any wonder that people lose their wickets and make themselves look like cnts.

its starting to edge nearer to respectability already, and it seems like 5 minutes ago cook went. This is part of the problem. Another couple tumble and its They Are All Gutless Arseholes time again. Without sounding all Boycott, just score at 2 an over for a day, let 3 overs go where absolutely f*** all happens, just for my stress levels sake.

Have a wank pal

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

edging towards respectability..................... why the f*** did you have to say that , if that doesnt bock us nothing will !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here