Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] The Dail Mash take on Brighton the town

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Ever re- thought your plans? I did. Why that is such a source of endless fascination for you and your mob on here is baffling. Time to drop the subject.
Have a good festive season.

Of course i have rethought plans, but you knew about the sad circumstances months and months before and yet you still stated your plans to emigrate after the election result, then when that turned out to be hot air, it changed to traveling the world and a business adventure. You seemed to be all for keeping to your plans knowing the circumstances beforehand. Perhaps just a case of daydreaming as stated by another.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Of course i have rethought plans, but you knew about the sad circumstances months and months before and yet you still stated your plans to emigrate after the election result, then when that turned out to be hot air, it changed to traveling the world and a business adventure. You seemed to be all for keeping to your plans knowing the circumstances beforehand. Perhaps just a case of daydreaming as stated by another.

You clearly have no experience of the nature of multiple grief. One can make plans with every intention of following them only to realise you don't want to be that far from the remaining members of your family after such loss.
You have some growing up to do, I hope it doesn't or has never involved what it did for me.
It's match day. Enjoy.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
A harmless dreamer who changed his plans because my Stepdad got cancer, my Dad died leaving a 90 year old mother that needs care and my brother died leaving a 7 year old son that needs family nearby. Plans change, people have to adapt.
I hope you had a merry Christmas and extended more goodwill to those around you than you show to people on here.

That's rich coming from you! #waltermitty

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
You clearly have no experience of the nature of multiple grief. One can make plans with every intention of following them only to realise you don't want to be that far from the remaining members of your family after such loss.
You have some growing up to do, I hope it doesn't or has never involved what it did for me.
It's match day. Enjoy.

Fair enough, actually i do have a bit of experience of multiple grief, i suppose this is where we differ as the last thing i would do is emigrate or get away, your excuse was if the Tories got back in and really nothing to do with the grief it seems, because that is what you stated. Sorry the guilt trip is not working, you clearly stated your reasons as to why you wanted to emigrate/get away......you even stated that you had been left money after your losses.....money to use to get away.
Match day and i will hopefully enjoy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think in the North Laine section I would change, ' teenage girl wearing Led Zeppelin t- shirt ' for someone under the age of 14 wearing a Ramones t- shirt :)

Spot on!

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
exactly, he's talking a lot of bollox as usual.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Fair enough, actually i do have a bit of experience of multiple grief, i suppose this is where we differ as the last thing i would do is emigrate or get away, your excuse was if the Tories got back in and really nothing to do with the grief it seems, because that is what you stated. Sorry the guilt trip is not working, you clearly stated your reasons as to why you wanted to emigrate/get away......you even stated that you had been left money after your losses.....money to use to get away.
Match day and i will hopefully enjoy.

Believe me, we differ in many ways. Nasty little man.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Believe me, we differ in many ways. Nasty little man.

Yes we do differ. I do not post expletive insults like you, which usually end up as ###### , you reap what you sow, especially when you do not have the sense to remember what you post and then get annoyed when you are sussed and found out.
Anyway, never mind.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
All of you moaning about Brighton being a hipster hellhole populated by cafe going benders from the smoke should move to Leigh on Sea. I'm telling you it really brings it home to you when you live in a town full of perma tanned racists all driving white 4x4s and rejoicing in the successes of Tottenham or West Ham whilst never going.

It's depressing. I've been here for years and find it difficult to make friends with the local heathens. All of my friends are in Sussex. I'd give just about anything to go home.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Yes we do differ. I do not post expletive insults like you, which usually end up as ###### , you reap what you sow, especially when you do not have the sense to remember what you post and then get annoyed when you are sussed and found out.
Anyway, never mind.

Bore off, son. Don't pretend this is anything other than you and your right wing chums getting nasty because you didn't agree with my initial post. As usual. You know you've overstepped the mark and you're backtracking. Do yourself a favour now and shush, you come off as a classless lowlife.

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
All of you moaning about Brighton being a hipster hellhole populated by cafe going benders from the smoke should move to Leigh on Sea. I'm telling you it really brings it home to you when you live in a town full of perma tanned racists all driving white 4x4s and rejoicing in the successes of Tottenham or West Ham whilst never going.

It's depressing. I've been here for years and find it difficult to make friends with the local heathens. All of my friends are in Sussex. I'd give just about anything to go home.

What is stopping you moving back to Sussex? I know property is expensive in Brighton and I haven't got a clue what the property prices are where you live in comparison.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I think the biggest negative is the fact it's so damn expensive to live in these days. There's been a few posters on here who've had to move outside the city because of this, and a father posted some stuff about his son in such circumstances recently. This depresses me.

I live in Hanover and they have just sold the first house for £500k... Good for me but crazy money for terrace houses....

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
What is stopping you moving back to Sussex? I know property is expensive in Brighton and I haven't got a clue what the property prices are where you live in comparison.

Three kids in a great school. Other half has great job locally with flexi hours. Childcare is a sinch as her mum is local. Mortgage wouldn't be a problem but timing is.

Also. When I moved here for work the understanding was that we would relocate to Sussex asap. Somehow that deal has evaporated in her mind.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's in the running for best city in UK but it is far too expensive. I rent here and own elsewhere and while looking into house prices round here I was taken aback, I knew it would be costly but it's insane and set to rise 50 % in four years according to a few agents I spoke with. You simply get far more for your money elsewhere.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
It's in the running for best city in UK but it is far too expensive. I rent here and own elsewhere and while looking into house prices round here I was taken aback, I knew it would be costly but it's insane and set to rise 50 % in four years according to a few agents I spoke with. You simply get far more for your money elsewhere.

It's definitely the best city in the UK for me but is ridiculously expensive to live and work in. There are a lot of psueds in the parish but it was ever thus. Brighton suffers more than most with the label of being uber liberal and tolerant and this tends to attract the silly hat brigade from all points of the compass.

Real Brighton is fairly gritty and working class. It's that bit I miss the most.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If you don't like Brighton any more, you're past it.

Past 'what' if you don't mind me asking please? I'm curious to know more about this demographic you represent and are laying claim to the town. I'll have a word with Biddy and George who live a few doors down from me and who also think the litter, the mess, all the crap councils and the rise in street drinkers is getting out of hand. She's in her late 70s, he's in his early 90s and they've both lived here all their lives but I am sure when I explain that Brighton isn't a town for just anyone and that you need a certain mindset to live here we'll all toddle off to the burbs and leave you in peace.

Sorry but do you realise just how wanky, even in jest, that "if you don't like Brighton, you're past it" sounds?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here