Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Disagree. The media (inc the BBC) have been relentlessly negative throughout. Great to see them finally turning the corner.

Cough cough

There is a difference between attacking the media for reporting facts, and sharing good news.

Can we stick to the good news without attacks in either direction.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
There is a difference between attacking the media for reporting facts, and sharing good news.

Can we stick to the good news without attacks in either direction.

Not sure why uve stuck my post in there..should have been Bakero’s ...and tbh your post isn’t helping as it’s questionable re media reporting facts ....but as you said yes let’s carry on sticking to the good news which most of us have been doing daily

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Not sure why uve stuck my post in there..should have been Bakero’s ...and tbh your post isn’t helping as it’s questionable re media reporting facts ....but as you said yes let’s carry on sticking to the good news which most of us have been doing daily

Your opinion.
I'm all for sticking to the good news

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Disagree. The media (inc the BBC) have been relentlessly negative throughout. Great to see them finally turning the corner.

Absolute bollocks. They’re reporting facts. It’s quite hard to put a positive spin on death rates of several thousand per week, and frankly it’d be irresponsible. We’ve had enough of charlatans like Sikora and high-profile deniers such as Daniel Hannah and Laurence Fox without the national broadcaster getting involved.

We’re now genuinely seeing light at the end of the tunnel and the U.K.’s vax programme is going brilliantly. . Let’s celebrate that and not pretend that the last year hasn’t been a shit storm.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Absolute bollocks. They’re reporting facts. It’s quite hard to put a positive spin on death rates of several thousand per week, and frankly it’d be irresponsible. We’ve had enough of charlatans like Sikora and high-profile deniers such as Daniel Hannah and Laurence Fox without the national broadcaster getting involved.

We’re now genuinely seeing light at the end of the tunnel and the U.K.’s vax programme is going brilliantly. . Let’s celebrate that and not pretend that the last year hasn’t been a shit storm.

Whilst avoiding dragging this away from the good news theme.i think the point is you would struggle to find many positive reports in the media over the last year. Even when there have been positive developments. Those positive developments are also "facts" nobody is asking them to sugar coat it but plenty only use the media and believe that there are no positives out there even now.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick

Opened up this thread to find some positive news to brighten my day. Instead I find your post. You may wish to pop over to the bear pit if you want confrontation.

Please can we have this thread back on track?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Not a very grown up or convincing way to start or finish a post.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Repeating this from yesterday so we can get the thread back on track

Just booked a farmhouse holiday in Lincolnshire last week of May for all the family , that’s 3 kids and their partners mum an dad in law me and the mrs 10 of us and 4 dogs... that’s how positive I feel ::clap2::clap2:

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Does anyone else think we will be back at the Amex in force at the start of next season
This nightmare is coming to a end and this news thread has really helped in the dark days and times

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Totally agree, just looking at the BBC app now and at last it appears there are other issues going on and very little negative reporting of Covid [emoji122]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Opened up this thread to find some positive news to brighten my day. Instead I find your post. You may wish to pop over to the bear pit if you want confrontation.

Please can we have this thread back on track?

Not a very grown up or convincing way to start or finish a post.

My post was positive. The BBC have consistently reported facts and science-led opinions and predictions from experts. To say that they’re now reporting positive stories because they’ve changed their attitude is a load of cock (and actually more negative than positive). They’re reporting positive stories and predictions because the vaccines and exit plan are proving successful and we’re genuinely in the final stretch.

Last edited:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Does anyone else think we will be back at the Amex in force at the start of next season
This nightmare is coming to a end and this news thread has really helped in the dark days and times

I've been thinking much the same. Might be a couple of months later for away fans but the stadium will be open to almost full capacity as the season begins

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here