Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
What I really, really want is a "Cheers" reunion - far superior - or at the least to be able to stream it - far as I know only the first season is available and you have to pay for it.

Arent they all dead by now?

Anyway, its pretty easy to find illegal streams of Cheers (and more or less everything). Dont wanna post any illegal links here though so I'll just give you a random little screen capture...

cheers.jpg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
A friend of mine works as a paramedic in Brighton. She said today that after an insanely busy last 2-3 weeks, there has been a noticeable drop in call outs related to COVID in the past few days. Here’s hoping that continues to drop.

Anecdotal obviously so not necessarily showing a wider trend yet, but worth hearing I think.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
A friend of mine works as a paramedic in Brighton. She said today that after an insanely busy last 2-3 weeks, there has been a noticeable drop in call outs related to COVID in the past few days. Here’s hoping that continues to drop.

Anecdotal obviously so not necessarily showing a wider trend yet, but worth hearing I think.

Sussex seems to have been relatively unaffected compared to other areas of the country - luck or social distancing ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sussex seems to have been relatively unaffected compared to other areas of the country - luck or social distancing ?

I wonder if we’re slightly further along the COVID journey than other parts of the country, given we were one of the first places to have infections? London hospitalisations also starting to stabilise from what I’ve heard.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I wonder if we’re slightly further along the COVID journey than other parts of the country, given we were one of the first places to have infections? London hospitalisations also starting to stabilise from what I’ve heard.

That’s not a bad shout actually

Do we have a younger population than other areas?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick

Possibly, we were one of the first to report cases.
The grenadier pub in hangleton and the mile oak medical centre.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Possibly, we were one of the first to report cases.
The grenadier pub in hangleton and the mile oak medical centre.

I know, I know, all anecdotal and hearsay but a huge number of people I know experienced symptoms in late Feb to mid March. My cousin in London lost his sense of taste nearly a month ago.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
According to the government tracker there is only 199 confirmed cases in Brighton & Hove, considering we were one of the first to see an outbreak how is that even possible given how contagious this virus is? 270k population.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I know, I know, all anecdotal and hearsay but a huge number of people I know experienced symptoms in late Feb to mid March. My cousin in London lost his sense of taste nearly a month ago.

I know a few people locally that were told to self isolate after showing symptoms, but they all felt better after 7 to 10 days, none were actually tested of course. This was late Feb to mid March also.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here