Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Good news for much of the world. If they can test enough people, we will know a lot more about its spread and mortality rate.

Alas, early reports indicate that only 15% of those tested had been exposed to the virus. I was hoping it’d be much higher with a lot of asymptomatic cases and with this a lot of lovely herd immunity antibodies in the populace.

But early days yet.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Alas, early reports indicate that only 15% of those tested had been exposed to the virus. I was hoping it’d be much higher with a lot of asymptomatic cases and with this a lot of lovely herd immunity antibodies in the populace.

But early days yet.

The death toll in Germany tells us it probably hasn’t been as widespread there as in places like UK or Italy.

15% of population infected (12.4million) with a death toll of 2,349 would suggest much better news than we might’ve feared?

Also, could you share your source?

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
The death toll in Germany tells us it probably hasn’t been as widespread there as in places like UK or Italy.

15% of population infected (12.4million) with a death toll of 2,349 would suggest much better news than we might’ve feared?

Also, could you share your source?

Good point.

Here’s my source. He’s an epidemiologist.

BBBEE2F7-4CF2-48D7-97C2-9EC9902DB6B5.png

Jul 7, 2003
Closest we have to terror attacks at the moment are idiots licking their hands and wiping them on products in supermarkets.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Anyone got a hankie?

[tweet]1248130554626793473[/tweet]

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Harvey Weinstein has recovered from Coronavirus.

What the fück is this doing in the Good News thread, you may ask?

Answer: Now he doesn't get to die, and thus avoid doing his time. He has to sit in a cell for the next 23 years, rather than the cop out of exiting within the first few weeks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another from the file marked 'bored commentators'.

[tweet]1248313303270596610[/tweet]

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Spain's new daily cases and daily deaths do seem to be legitimately falling now.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Less than a half mile from our front door is a recreation ground with a stream running through it. Last year they took over half the spare rec to landscape a natural flood defence and some filtration ponds.

I took it mainly for granted and saw it three or four times a week on my usual running route however it’s been an absolute god send the last three weeks as we can take our daily walk there.

The best part is this spring ducks have started arriving to congregate and breed and so it would seem nest as when we went yesterday there were seven ducklings happily following their mum around AND two swans.
5c8258aaaaaa9e5c3fa25d7e7865e2df.jpg

This will of course be probably unremarkable to you country folk but for those of us in exile in that there London is something of a miracle and perfect brain food at a time like this. Marvellous.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
A 101 year old in Worcestershire, Keith Watson, picked up Covid-19 whilst in hospital having an operation on his leg following a fall..........................he's only bloody gone and got over it and gone home yesterday having recovered!

KW.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here