Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Bridge - series 2

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I didn't see series 1 but I have all of series 2 downloaded.

Should I watch it or hunt down series 1 first?

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill

Personally I would watch Series 1 first, giving you an understanding of the main characters and how their relationship has developed so far. There are many references in Series 2 to the previous series, so again YES, I would.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol

Its on Netflix if that helps, and yes watch it first...

Dessie

Jun 17, 2010
Sheffield
o yes deranged but nice looking :)

bbc4 saturday night content always worth a look ..i think the only recent series i struggled with was about the italian cop

I prefer Josephine Karlsson in Spiral

Just caught up on Avsnitt 7 & 8 last night and can't wait for the last two

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide

i asked the same question earlier in the thread and ploughed on with this series anyway without having seen the first. its not detracting from my enjoyment of it all. However, i am enjoying it so much i do wish i had watched the first series first - if they makes sense?!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Let's not forget, one and all, that the girlfriend and I will be setting off for a weekend of murderous Nordic delights watching episode 9 early in the partial company of Martin and Saga shortly. I haven't been this excited for a long time, although a lot of that is in being in the vicinity of Birgitte and Casper from Borgen, bbc4's best Saturday night doublebill thus far, as much as its about The Bridge. I must practice my casual unenthralled I'm 38 years old face to avoid embarrassment when a Danish legend or two walk past me.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

We have watched the current series without having seen the first. Started off thinking it was a bit "meh", but the more it goes on the more enthralling it is. Superb mesmerising stuff.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The two main actors were on BBC Breakfast this week. They were talking about the way they were sitting - the men one way and the women the other - when Sofia Helin (Saga) screamed at Susannah Reid SPREAD YOUR LEGS!' Sadly she didn't but it was a nice thought.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The two main actors were on BBC Breakfast this week. They were talking about the way they were sitting - the men one way and the women the other - when Sofia Helin (Saga) screamed at Susannah Reid SPREAD YOUR LEGS!' Sadly she didn't but it was a nice thought.

Martin and Saga interviewed on BBC radio 4 Front Row show last night.available on iPlayer

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Has anyone else got involved?

Absolutely quality drama. And this second series is shaping up to be as good as the first.

We really enjoyed season one, very quirky but watchable show. 2nd series hasn't started here yet.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
**SPOILERS WITHIN** **SPOILERS WITHIN**

Well back early from a chaotic session with the Danes. Blimey Nordicana as a two-day event is so badly run. I laughed almost riotously when a very old chap kept shouting RUBBISH at one of the organisers who said we only had to wait a little longer for the Bridge Episode 9 because of the difficulty between linking a dvd player and a big screen for about 45 minutes. The oldtimer when they fixed the problem headed off and didn't watch and i got to thinking he was a semi-retired professional heckler who was stuck with only RUBBISH in his repertoire as he went from theatre to theatre to send his opinions stabbingly to those not ready for it.

ANyway, what i saw today speaks for the far superiority of Borgen to The Bridge. The first session had a long chat with Casper and Birgitte and the creator of the show and a producer and theme music creator and the pretty rightwing party actress from Borgen and all had anecdotes of their time together, and even a promise to return for a series in 10 years time. They were fun and not so greatly pompous and spoke of the show with love. The making of it in terms of the relationship with the tv channel and what they had to do to make an even political drama was fascinating and my heart applauded almost as loudly as my hands did. A really impressive an amusing bunch of people that deserve global praise for their perfect mix of personal drama and social relevance for 3 excellent seasons.

The Bridge, however, is pure entertainment, which is no bad thing to be, but it's a ludicrous show held together by the relationship of Saga and Martin and the reliance of viewers to leave disbelief in another room whilst they watch. I won't talk of episode 9 other than to say that episode 10 might be spectacular, and i'll watch it excitedly this eve whilst MOTD is on record, but i'll say of the aftershow appearance by Sofia Helin and Kim Bodnia, the 2 stars. They were generally enjoyable to listen to, but by jingo they took their roles so much more seriously that it made it all seem even more silly. I mean, UP TO EPISODE 8 SPOILER it's a cross-border thriller in which we see the nefarious, flimsy, mastermind killer masturbating over images of his sister who he has hidden cameras throughout the nextdoor apartment of whilst his longterm wife has no knowledge of this incestuous adoration, and despite being a ****-happy madman can roam around countries unnoticed and unseen whilst murdering so many. It's a nonsenical, over-twisty cop show with a pair of fun leads and hilarious villains, and not a Shakespearean drama that will stick with us for life. I love Martin in the show, but the actor's lectures on acting and inspiration and construction of depth of character were a bit embarrassing. And Saga's actress talking of never before knowing that her character was funny at all - i imagine her shocked at the whole audience today laughing when she did a lot of her Short Circuit learning to be human mannerisms - made them seem all the more pompous. Series 3 is planned, they say, and i'll watch it of course, but with a tenth of the respect i had for the now-dead Borgen.

Tomorrow i'll catch a glimpse of the Borgen-makers' new show, and probably another hour-long interview with Sidse Babett Knudsen, who i think i simply just love, but today was a good day in spite of the mess the organisers made of it.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Still got to watch episodes 9 and 10. A fantastic series in my view.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
The whole of Series 2 is available on BBC iPlayer. I hadn't seen Series 1 so Episode 1 took some work to get into, but by the end of Episode 2 I was hooked. There is something a bit cartoonish about this show, with Saga the star comedy turn. Unmissable!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
So i watched today the new Danish series called Legacy, episode 1, and i have to say it was a good one. Sometime in the autumn it will hit these shores on Sky Arts of all places. I hope people are willing to go there and give it a chance. It concerns the death of a famous artist in one of the Danish isles, and then, it seems, a possible battle of her children over her house and assets thereafter, the relationships of her with them exposed and their relationships with each other fractured and wartorn. I liked it quite a lot. A few faces from the Killing recognised, but it felt a bit different to the crime dramas and political one of now legend that have been at the fore for a while. Apparently in Denmark it has been more popular than other shows we've had. The acting was good and it had an absorbing dogme-95-influenced camerawork and kitchen sink drama-ness. Emotionally rich and i thoroughly look forward to it being on later this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here