Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Bridge - series 2

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
This series is getting better now. It's ruddy ridiculous and Saga's characteristics are becoming clownish, but Martin is an excellent actor and the possibility that the ever-evil Niels is somehow behind this has one gripped.

I am off to the Nordicana weekend in a few weeks. Saga and Martin will be there to watch the last 2 episodes with. Also that weekend will be a talk with Birgitte and Kasper from Borgen in the house!
Check this badboy out!
NORDICANA_PROVISIONAL_SCHEDULE_800PX_V3.jpeg

Me too!

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Brilliant stuff. Probably the best thing on telly at the moment. Series 2 is shaping up to be as good as he first. Have to say, whilst I enjoy Sherlock, The Bridge is better for me.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Brilliant stuff. Probably the best thing on telly at the moment. Series 2 is shaping up to be as good as he first. Have to say, whilst I enjoy Sherlock, The Bridge is better for me.
Wise words. It really is all about The Bridge.

I trust the NSC fans of Nordic noir have all seen The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy, along with Festen?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
do i need to have watched series 1 to understand series 2?

Pretty much, although there's a quick summary at the start of the first episode of Series 2 to bring you up to speed. If you possibly can try and watch Series 1 first otherwise Series 2 will ruin most of the surprises.

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
The British/French remake of this was on recently and was excellent, highly recommend watching it if you haven't. It was on Sky Atlantic but for those of you who have it you can download all 10 episodes on Sky On Demand. Its mainly in English, with parts in French with English subtitles. All based around a dead body that is found spanning the exact English/French border line of the middle of the channel tunnel, but develops from there. Fantastic series.

Edit: as some have said - its called 'The Tunnel'

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Just seen episode 4 ,great series. If you are quick enough there are 4 on catchup. I missed series one.
Anyone who likes the Bridge will enjoy Spiral. It's a French cop drama . Brilliant. It's on Bt vision.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Just seen episode 4 ,great series. If you are quick enough there are 4 on catchup. I missed series one.
Anyone who likes the Bridge will enjoy Spiral. It's a French cop drama . Brilliant. It's on Bt vision.

Was just about to post the same....the Bridge is fantastic, but so is Engrenages (Spiral), and it also has a slightly deranged female cop in the lead role.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I actually think this series of The Bridge is better than the first one - amazing stuff

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My only regret about The Bridge is that being removed from Scandinavia, we don't get to pick up some of the subtleties of the relationship between the protagonists. There are characteristics in Saga and Martin that the Swedes and Danes identify in each other.

For example, Saga pronounces Danish names in the way the Swedes feel they ought to be pronounced rather than the way they actually are. And I'd love to know when they choose to speak Danish and when they choose to speak Swedish.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Was just about to post the same....the Bridge is fantastic, but so is Engrenages (Spiral), and it also has a slightly deranged female cop in the lead role.

o yes deranged but nice looking :)

bbc4 saturday night content always worth a look ..i think the only recent series i struggled with was about the italian cop

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Wise words. It really is all about The Bridge.

I trust the NSC fans of Nordic noir have all seen The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy, along with Festen?

The Dragon trilogy i found a bit on the drainingly unspectacular side, but the likes of Festen and The Hunt were stunning. Any Nordic drama fan has to have watched last year's A Hijacking to see the likes of Kasper from Borgen starring, along with other little parts for so many regular faces. A great film too. One that for me hugely outclassed Captain Phillips.
An interesting article here about the two films:
http://thedissolve.com/features/2013-double-feature/359-2013-double-feature-captain-phillips-a-hijacking/

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK

This, absolutely. It is also mightily refreshing not to have the obligatory happy ending/s with this relatively new bunch of Euro dramas. I started The Bridge after seeing the lead actor in the Pusher films - which I picked up from the Foreign Film thread on here. :bowdown:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Several series of Spiral were already shown on BBC4 on the same Saturday 9pm slot, over the last couple of years.
Another great Continental crime prog.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here