Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Big Thursday night match at preston park!

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
who was our man of the match? we had a few players who were bleeding for the cause, we had players who were flair we were the perfect team, where it went wrong I do not know I will leave the manager to explain that.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Just got back. I did have a T-shirt, but I thought a blue one would be better, as the stripes are predominatley blue, and White is quite close to Yellow. That's why the NSC Select XI rarely gave the ball to Adie, as they kept mistaking him for a croc.

Also, I decided that to save fighting over MoM, just to give the champers to the winning teams captain. The plan was for him to spray it all over the place, but that never quite happened.

I think I deserved about a 4-5. Especially as I managed to tackle Matt (once), and put immense pressure on Les a couple of times (no innuendos please).

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I was defending most of the second half. What about my superb positional play and shouting "wheres the defence?" and waving my arms around everytime they started an attack?

D

Deleted User X18H

I came and stood behind the goal after my run round the park was the Ref in pink Kevs dad the best player I saw was the centre back in the stripes might have had No 4 on hid back who was the loon in Jeans ?????

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
shaolinpunk said:
I was defending most of the second half. What about my superb positional play and shouting "wheres the defence?" and waving my arms around everytime they started an attack?

I was gonna give you a special mention as we were pretty much the only other two who sat back but we did make forays forward sometimes to the detriment of our defence. But it's only a gmae init guvnor!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Les Biehn said:
But it's only a gmae init guvnor!

NO ITS NOT JUST A GAME. its the biggest game in the history of the universe.

Ever.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
hove born&bred said:
I came and stood behind the goal after my run round the park was the Ref in pink Kevs dad the best player I saw was the centre back in the stripes might have had No 4 on hid back who was the loon in Jeans ?????

Was it you I spoke to?

i thought you were cottaging?

Last edited:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
anyways heres my player ratings for the NSC select XI:

Cereial Killer- Solid performance, made some good saves 7

ali_jenkins123- What a bright young start this lad will turn out to be, superbly taken goal in the FIRST minuite and never gave up. Even with a can of fosters in his hand he still showed a high level of professionalisum! 10

B.M.F- played very well and kept up with the pace of the game considering he was nearly TWICE the avarage age of the players!
Used his head well and made som vital challenges! 9

Pisshead- Also played well and made some important challenges. scored the equaliser to send the game into Penalties. 8

Ardie- did well to turn up and even looked good in JEANS while playing, made some good touches on the ball, then we kicked off! 3

seagulljaz- did well with the ball but could have used his team mates more often. took his goal well after it was put on a plate for him. 7

Woodchip- Last minuite transfer to the NSC XI and showed what the manager saw in him. did well to fill in a right back after mierosoft went awol. 7

Brightonfan_86- Was looking superb beofre kick off, wore his heart on his sleve and never gave up, two well taken goals. Thanks for the lift by the way! 8

AlexFrutos- troubled the CROCS defence with his height, not used as well as he could have been. some good chances and was unlucky to miss his penalty. 7

mierosoft- Started at right back but went awol in first half, did well in the more attacking role and put a superb cross in for seagulljaz to fiish the job. 8

Bob Ticehurst- solid performance,made some shocking decisions but not everyone is perfect, disalowd a perfictly good goal from Kev and delt with the backchat well.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
ali_jenkins123 said:
AlexFrutos- troubled the CROCS defence with his height, not used as well as he could have been. some good chances and was unlucky to miss his penalty. 7

I think that's actually a little generous.

I'd put myself as a 6, with an honourable mention for my 30 yard effort which I'm still convinced just about dipped in:lolol: :lolol:

Good laugh though, and we should definitely do it again.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
ali_jenkins123 said:

Bob Ticehurst- solid performance,made some shocking decisions but not everyone is perfect, disalowd a perfictly good goal from Kev and delt with the backchat well.

losers always blame the ref. For my money he was superb:clap: :clap:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
ali_jenkins123 said:
Woodchip- Last minuite transfer to the NSC XI and showed what the manager saw in him. did well to fill in a right back after mierosoft went awol. 7

WOW!!!!! I was right back, then gravity kept pulling me down the hill in the second half to a left back position. With occasional stints in CB as well.

D

Deleted User X18H

Les Biehn said:
Was it you I spoke to?

i thought you were cottaging?
Yes if you were the bloke in the yellow who said he was knackerd

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Cereal Killer- 7

Ali Jenkins- 8

BMF- 9

Pisshead- 8

Aids- 4

Seagulljaz- the first time volley was superb. 8

Woodchip- 7

Brightonfan_86- 8

Keiran- 8

Alexfrutos- 7

My dad- 10. did ok, couldn't keep up with play all the time, but made some good decisions.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here