Votes: 129 73.3%
  • Rotate away

Votes: 47 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Is 3 games in a row the most than either keeper has played, regardless of competition, all season? I can't think of any examples of longer; in fact this current run is the first time Bart has played more than 2 consecutively, isn't it?
This is the first time Bart has played 3 in a row. Jason has done it twice before, City (a), Ajax (h), Fulham (h) and then Fulham (a), Wolves (a), Roma (a) which was the last 3 games prior to the current run of games Bart has played in.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well yes. I was replying to another posters nonsensical definition
I'm not interested in a ruck, but how is it nonsensical?

Do you consider ALL of March, Adingra, Mitoma, Enciso, Joao Pedro, Ferguson, Buonanotte and Welbeck, to be 'first team players'? Because they can't all play at once.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I'm not interested in a ruck, but how is it nonsensical.

Do you consider ALL of March, Adingra, Mitoma, Enciso, Joao Pedro, Ferguson, Buonanotte and Welbeck, to be 'first team players'? Because they can't all play at once.
It's not a helpful comparison.

Every team in the PL apart from us (and for every season in our existence, apart from this one), the team has a first choice keeper who plays every game and another one or two who only come in where there's an injury or sometimes for a cup game.

You can't compare it to an outfield player. A first team outfield player may get shunted around to a different position, will likely be subbed a lot and probably won't play every game due to tiredness. So there will be more outfield first team players.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Every team in the PL apart from us (and for every season in our existence, apart from this one), the team has a first choice keeper who plays every game and another one or two who only come in where there's an injury or sometimes for a cup game.
Simply not true.

Arsenal have chosen (not because of injury) both Ramsdale and Raya to start various PL matches. Similarly Forest with Turner and Sels, Sheff Utd with Foderingham and Grbic, Chelsea with Sanchez and Petrovic, Burnley with Trafford and Muric. I'm sure there are others, but that ought to be enough to demonstrate the point.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Simply not true.

Arsenal have chosen (not because of injury) both Ramsdale and Raya to start various PL matches. Similarly Forest with Turner and Sels, Sheff Utd with Foderingham and Grbic, Chelsea with Sanchez and Petrovic, Burnley with Trafford and Muric. I'm sure there are others, but that ought to be enough to demonstrate the point.
The keeper who is first choice can obviously change through the season.

But fans of all those clubs can say with a high degree of certainty who is going to play in goal in the coming weekend. That is the first choice keeper.

I'm mindful this is an utterly dull conversation

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Simply not true.

Arsenal tried it for a few games but soon binned it off. The others are all examples of people being dropped rather than rotated.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Arsenal tried it for a few games but soon binned it off. The others are all examples of people being dropped rather than rotated.
In most cases, agreed, yes. That doesn't alter the fact that both keepers are considered first team players - regardless of where in the current pecking order they happen to sit.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So Bart for Saturday as well. Is that the end of the rotation nonsense? Bart for good now, Steele (or someone else) in the cup next season. Bart number one.
Hopefully keeper rotation binned

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
So Bart for Saturday as well. Is that the end of the rotation nonsense? Bart for good now, Steele (or someone else) in the cup next season. Bart number one.
Hopefully. What's becoming clear is that Bart (and Carlos Baleba) has the tools to be a top player, so in my view from now it should be as many minutes as possible to reach that potential quicker.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Maybe the sequence of fixtures? Brian Owen wrote about this earlier in the week or last week - his point was De Zerbi likes to play the same keeper in the home and away fixtures. I can't remember who played away v Arsenal to confirm if it's just that we're having a run of games in which Bart was the keeper in the reverse fixture.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Maybe the sequence of fixtures? Brian Owen wrote about this earlier in the week or last week - his point was De Zerbi likes to play the same keeper in the home and away fixtures. I can't remember who played away v Arsenal to confirm if it's just that we're having a run of games in which Bart was the keeper in the reverse fixture.
Just checked, it was Bart, he also played the home match against Liverpool but Jason played against Brentford.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hopefully. What's becoming clear is that Bart (and Carlos Baleba) has the tools to be a top player, so in my view from now it should be as many minutes as possible to reach that potential quicker.
Esp now the seasons over and nothing to play for.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
The "or someone else", I would love to see Rushworth finally get his chance and take it.

But we have so many talented young keepers on our books, and with Steele still contracted, I do wonder what the approach will be.

Beadle is young and will get another loan at Champ level in all likelihood, but for Rushworth it might be approaching crunch time for him to make the first team.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The "or someone else", I would love to see Rushworth finally get his chance and take it.

But we have so many talented young keepers on our books, and with Steele still contracted, I do wonder what the approach will be.

Beadle is young and will get another loan at Champ level in all likelihood, but for Rushworth it might be approaching crunch time for him to make the first team.
Oh. RDZ will be salivating at the prospect of a three keeper rotation system, sounds like a plan (y) .

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Brian Owen's notes from the press conference: 'He was asked if Verbruggen is now the No.1 and said that was not the case'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here