Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Best “Super Group” ever assembled?

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Tough. I think I'd have to say The Beatles
Plenty of bands out there who were as good or better and quite a bit of their ground breaking stuff was plagiarised or influenced by other artists and made popular by them due to their standing. Still like their early stuff though before McCartney took them down the dirgy route :smile:

The Hermit Kingdom

Oct 29, 2023
I’m getting a strange sense of deja vu....

After 4 years on NSC I am personally starting to see the same old, same old regurgitating itself.

Have we come to a crossroads in original topic threads?

Every time the adverts come on it's "Who killed the f*ing Zutons". I'm not buying it on principle.

Hi I'm Ned Ryerson :wave:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Titch. Now we're talking.

I met Beaky, or may have been Titch at the Stonehenge festival in, I think 1979. Neither of us were in the best of conditions to identify anyone or anything. May have been Dozy :wink:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Tough. I think I'd have to say The Beatles
If we are being pedantic (which I am 😂) - A ‘supergroup’ isn’t a group that is super (which the Beatles were of course!) but one that is formed of musicians that were already famous in their own right and highly successful from playing in other groups (I‘m not sure the Quarrymen or Sutcliffe playing in a Bugle band before forming with the Beetles or Ringo’s hitherto career with Rory Storm and the Hurricanes is much of a qualifying criteria 😉)

But undoubtedly probably one of the best rock/pop groups ever formed and certainly one of the most influential…

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’m getting a strange sense of deja vu....

After 4 years on NSC I am personally starting to see the same old, same old regurgitating itself.

Have we come to a crossroads in original topic threads?

Every time the adverts come on it's "Who killed the f*ing Zutons". I'm not buying it on principle.

Hi I'm Ned Ryerson :wave:
6b85347c9d6c473ec32899fe8fc3704b.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
West, Bruce and Laing
Poco
Montrose
Gorillaz
Manassas

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Didn’t we definitively answer this recently?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
A lot of the suggestions aren't really bands, just brief projects.

The days of proper supergroups were brief, in the 60's it was talented artistic driven thing, the 70's was coke fuelled with record company money . . . Come the 80's it was probably just bored paranoid 'recovering' millionaires looking to jam with people 'like them' there hasn't really been anything of note since the music industry stopped sharing the money.

The Hermit Kingdom

Oct 29, 2023

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
You forgot Tom Petty?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Let’s not forget the 3 Tenors!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports