Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Your favourite Super Group?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Honourable mention to Cream and Blind Faith but for me the winner by a country mile is The Travelling Wilburys. Dylan, Jeff Lynne, The Big O, George Harrison and Jim Keltner are all favourites of mine and win by a country mile for me.

Thanks to @jakarta for highlighting that I forgot to mention the fantastic Tom Petty :down:

Do more modern band members do this sort of thing? Examples?

Last edited:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
The Power Station

Robert Palmer

Tony Thompson from Chic

John Taylor & Andy Taylor from Duran Duran

1687090349659.jpeg

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Honourable mention to Cream and Blind Faith but for me the winner by a country mile is The Travelling Wilburys. Dylan, Jeff Lynne, The Big O, George Harrison and Jim Keltner are all favourites of mine and win by a country mile for me.

Queen's of the Stone age are probably the most prominent at the moment.

Not heard this lot yet but they might be super.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Black Country Communion

Glenn Hughes, Joe Bonamassa, Jason Bonham, and Derek Sherinian.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

You shouldn't start a thread knowing it will then be closed straight away :lolol:

A bit churlish not to mention Tom Petty?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You shouldn't start a thread knowing it will then be closed straight away :lolol:

A bit churlish not to mention Tom Petty?
FFS, it was a massive cock up, sorry !

Mexican Seagull

Jan 16, 2013
Mexico City
Little Village went under the radar screen but with this line up surely a super group.... Ry Cooder, John Hiatt, Nick Lowe and Jim Keltner

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Little Village went under the radar screen but with this line up surely a super group.... Ry Cooder, John Hiatt, Nick Lowe and Jim Keltner
Never heard of them, Youtube will be my friend :thumbsup:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Crosby, Stills and Nash

Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young
Better before Young joined in, IMHO.

The 'super group' concept wasn't a huge success really - the frst two, Blind Faith and Humble Pie, were a bit disappointing and shortlived. The Wilburys is a good shout - with Tom Petty of course, not Jim Keltner, who joined them on drums but wasn't actually a Wilbury (any more than Greg Reeves and Dallas Taylor were members of CSN&Y).
Might have to include Jefferson Starship - an amalgamation of Jefferson Airplane, Quicksilver Messenger Service and Hot Tuna; and they actually produced some decent songs.
You get some pretty good super groups every year at Cropredy too - members and former members of Fairport Convention, Zeppelin, Jethro Tull and others combining together on a one-off basis - and some pretty good music comes out of that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here