Votes: 63 56.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
That old chestnut.

There's a huge difference between land owners and your typical farmer. Your farmer may own his piece of our green and pleasant land but that doesn't mean he makes much of a living. Added to that your tenant farmer many of which work in excess of 70 hours a week for a pittance.

Farming in many areas is on it knees, The average ages of farmers are

ALL FARM TYPES 53.30
Cropping 54.50
Cereals 54.32
General Cropping 53.99
Horticulture 55.74
Livestock 52.48
Dairy51.4
Grazing livestock (lowland) 54.06
Grazing lifestock (LFA)52.15
Mixed and other types 52.63
Pigs 48.75
Poultry 53.93
Mixed 52.84

Very worrying.

I am clearly missing the point here, but what has the average age of farmers got to do with it? and from what you have stated it means the average age is very early 50s, is that old then?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Your unreal sometimes US

Why, the line here is the Farmers are struggling, well so are loads of other people and professions. What is so " unreal " about that ?

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Why, the line here is the Farmers are struggling, well so are loads of other people and professions. What is so " unreal " about that ?

So as everyone is struggling and there is a opportunity to help them we shouldn't as everyone else is struggling, so f*** it they can struggle to?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
So as everyone is struggling and there is a opportunity to help them we shouldn't as everyone else is struggling, so f*** it they can struggle to?

" help " them by killing 100 000 Badgers ? mmmmm

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I ant arguing with you US.

You carry on with what you believe and the rest of us can, but to say they can be welcome to UK2012 is stupid in my imo. But hey ho

This meant UK 2012 is based on industries and professions on it's knees and people struggling so they are part of a very big club.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I am clearly missing the point here, but what has the average age of farmers got to do with it? and from what you have stated it means the average age is very early 50s, is that old then?

The point is very few younger people are seeing farming as a career. Whereas farms have traditionally passed down from father to son, this is ceasing to be the case. The reason behind this? Money and prospects.

Farming has the oldest workforce bar none.

I think it's very interesting that there is another thread running on this forum at the moment about foxes, and how they are causing destruction in gardens. Loads of people are suggesting they should be shot, trapped or killed in a number of different ways. Just because badgers look pretty doesn't make them any better than foxes. It's amazing how the Cuddly Brigade will rise in defence of one animal, but not the other.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It seems like another example of the pesky wildlife getting in the way of the spread of the human race and being dealt with in the only way we know how. Destruction! Get rid of if all and concrete the planet so nothing can inconvenience us.

[MENTION=2928]PILTDOWN MAN[/MENTION] good on you fella you are the kind of person who is going to save this planet. I salute you.

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
The Badger Cull - It is WRONG.

Killing 70000 in phase one and more in phase two killing 30% of the UK Badger population and wiping out the species in 2 Counties with a pretty flimsey premise of " it might work ". Over 100 000 out of 300 000 will meet their end in the next few weeks. A " protected " species as well.

:rant:

Where do you work?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I think it's very interesting that there is another thread running on this forum at the moment about foxes, and how they are causing destruction in gardens. Loads of people are suggesting they should be shot, trapped or killed in a number of different ways. Just because badgers look pretty doesn't make them any better than foxes. It's amazing how the Cuddly Brigade will rise in defence of one animal, but not the other.

Not sure if i am one of the "cuddly Brigade" but I think that Foxes are just as beautiful as Badgers and that it doesn't really matter what an animal looks like we should treat this planet with more respect than we currently do

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
The mindset of a farmer is , is it it not helping my farm and I have no use for it, kill it. Come on that is the case. Farmers I would say have no qualms about killing an animal if they thought it would serve their purpose.

the single most stupid thing you've posted on here. well done.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Badgers are great and wise. They will revenge this, mark my words.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
You are a big posh sod with plums in your mouth, and the plums have mutated and they have got beaks. You make pigs smoke. You feed beef burgers to swans. You have big sheds, but nobody's allowed in. And in these sheds you have 20ft high chickens, and these chickens are scared because the don't know why they're so big, and they're going, "Oh why am I so massive?" and they're looking down at all the little chickens and they think they're in an aeroplane because all the other chickens are so small. Do you deny that? No, I think his silence speaks volumes.

The thing is I like badgers, and I also like fresh locally produced milk. But which one is better? There's only one way to find out.... FIGHT!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here