Votes: 63 56.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Badger Cull - It is WRONG.

Killing 70000 in phase one and more in phase two killing 30% of the UK Badger population and wiping out the species in 2 Counties with a pretty flimsey premise of " it might work ". Over 100 000 out of 300 000 will meet their end in the next few weeks. A " protected " species as well.

:rant:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It gives me a great feeling of sadness when I drive past one of these magnificent creatures laid to waste at the side of a road.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

I have friends who are dairy farmers. They live in fear of another bovine TB epidemic. As things stand at the moment, with prices the way they are, they are barely making a profit from their business. Badgers can carry TB, and at the moment there is no way of stopping this being transmitted to a herd, should they come into contact. Badgers have no natural predators in this country, which is why their numbers are continuing to increase. A cull will just bring the numbers down to a sensible level, and will give greater certainty that we can continue to produce our own milk in this country. I'm afraid townies just see a few black and white cuddly creatures and rush to their protection. The reality for country folk is much, much different.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The thing is there is absolutely no scientific evidence this mass killing will actually work.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have friends who are dairy farmers. They live in fear of another bovine TB epidemic. As things stand at the moment, with prices the way they are, they are barely making a profit from their business. Badgers can carry TB, and at the moment there is no way of stopping this being transmitted to a herd, should they come into contact. Badgers have no natural predators in this country, which is why their numbers are continuing to increase. A cull will just bring the numbers down to a sensible level, and will give greater certainty that we can continue to produce our own milk in this country. I'm afraid townies just see a few black and white cuddly creatures and rush to their protection. The reality for country folk is much, much different.

I feel it is a certain " blood letting " as the Farmers earn no money or get no gain from Badgers being around so they have somehow conned the government into agreeing to this slaughter.

I feel it is a certain " blood letting " as the Farmers earn no money or get no gain from Badgers being around so they have somehow conned the government into agreeing to this slaughter.

If you read my post, it is the opposite that is the problem. It is about the risk that is posed to farmers and their produce by the badger population being allowed to increase uncurtailed, and the potential for disease being passed to cattle. They stand to lose money from the badgers being around.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The way I see it is the Farmer's don't give a Rat's Arse for any creature within their Farm that does not actually earn them any money and would slaughter anything that moves without a care or a regret as they are ruthless bastards and it is all about the £ in their bank account at the end of the month.

The way I see it is the Farmer's don't give a Rat's Arse for any creature within their Farm that does not actually earn them any money and would slaughter anything that moves without a care or a regret as they are ruthless bastards and it is all about the £ in their bank account at the end of the month.

So you would be happy if you could only buy UHT milk that has been imported from abroad? No more fresh milk? That's the future if we allow our dairy farms to go under.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
So you would be happy if you could only buy UHT milk that has been imported from abroad? No more fresh milk? That's the future if we allow our dairy farms to go under.

I do not believe this crap. I believe it has been used as a reason to wipe out a species that is not liked by the Farmer despite scentific evidence that shows it is a " finger in the air " solution. Can you GUARANTEE slaughtering 100000 Badgers will improve things ?

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
There horrible bastards, im yet to see a wild one mind, the same as a hedgehog

If they carry TB and could effect the farming industry which plays a huge part in our economy which is already f***ed, then well im on the fence

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I also do not think a Farmer in general gives a toss for anything living that may not earn them money. Ok, fair enough, it's a tough job but the government have brought this propoganda to their shame.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I suggest you go and speak to a few farmers and get some first-hand facts - see for yourself.

You have not answered my question as to whether the slaughter will actually achieve the desired results.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Of course it's not friggin right. Look at the science behind it, the research, the tests. They all show it could cOULD reduce the TB by 13% over 3 years (or something like that). What it does do is remove the possibility of badgers turning up in rich folks gardens, which is why the Tories are doing it. The Welsh government have thrown it out because they've listened to the experts.
Education, Health, Economy, Nature. All f***ed. Thanks. Pretty good going in so short a time in power.

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
It gives me a great feeling of sadness when I drive past one of these magnificent creatures laid to waste at the side of a road.

I wasn't over joyed, if I could have stopped I certainly would have, and could have done without the damage to my car.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
There horrible bastards, im yet to see a wild one mind, the same as a hedgehog

If they carry TB and could effect the farming industry which plays a huge part in our economy which is already f***ed, then well im on the fence

To them, just trying to live I would say the Human Race are " horrible bastards ". Would you be happy to be put down due to very tenuous scientific evidence ?

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
You have not answered my question as to whether the slaughter will actually achieve the desired results.

Does anyone really know if it keeps the population down, then it keeps down the risk of animals getting TB, there not wiping them out just trying to find a middle ground.

There is no cure for TB so there has to be a middle ground

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here