Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The AXE man...

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Dear me.

Thats better.
Are you apologists going to continue to throw this tenuous mental health line out as an excuse for every act of mass violence perpetuated by these religious fanatics???

Don't edit my posts please, it's very infantile.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Doesn't always mean Islamic Extremism:

In May, a man reportedly shouting "Allahu akbar" killed a man and wounded three others in a knife attack at a railway station near the German city of Munich.
He was later sent to a psychiatric hospital and authorities said they had found no links to Islamic extremism.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36265183

I'm sure he is mental. he's also an extremist and should be dealt with as such. Sorry, but in times such as these we simply don't have the time or energy to start psychoanalysing these freaks. My opinion? You come onto a train, waving an axe an shouting Aluha Akbhar, I'd really rather the police fire off ten rounds into his skull than dilly dally around wondering of he's an extremist/ a bit upset/confused/head mental. Thanks.

In May, a man reportedly shouting "Allahu akbar" killed a man and wounded three others in a knife attack at a railway station near the German city of Munich.
He was later sent to a psychiatric hospital and authorities said they had found no links to Islamic extremism.

I heard on the radio that are going over this case again because of new links to radicalisation that have come to light.
It was mentioned in an interview on 5live this morning.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

So its now a prerequisite that you MUST be working in conjunction with others for it to be islamic terrorism ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You can't rationalise the irrational can you?

Possibly not, but its worth trying, if it helps us understand the process of radicalization better, and prevent other attacks.

it would be a combination of these factors...

He made his way probably at great expense to the west, only to find that you still have to work for a living...

A 16 year old unaccompanied child? His passage would not have been made at the 'expense of the West', and he was of school age.

The sun doesn't shine that much...

In the centre of Germany, in July? It looks pretty sunny in the media reports of the attack, and its forecast to be 32 degrees tomorrow.

jihadi sites and video nasties....

Well as the authorizes have suggested that he rarely attended any mosque, this is probably true. Somewhere 'we' could be constructively focusing attention?

Dissatisfied with his lot, he wreaked his form of skewed revenge, as a thank you to the kind Europeans that have taken him in and fed and clothed him to date....

The Hong-Kong Chinese that he appears to have specifically targeted, were European?

I'm not sure if your reply was supposed to be funny? Apologies if I've missed the joke.
The current tensions are very worrying, and grown up investigation / debate / action is required.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Daesh actively recruit people with mental health problems as well as vulnerable people, I would lay good money on the table that there are hundreds of sleeping cells throughout Europe all willing and ready to carry out attacks. This will never end as long muslims walk the earth there will be some form of extremist organization willing to carry the jihad to non believers. That maybe hard to think of or you may think I am being racist, but it is a fact think about how long the west has been at odds with East on the subject of religion. We are suddenly not going to find an acceptable agreement they or we are willing to accept. I am fully aware of the wests part now and then and we are not innocent in this..... But moving forward..... Never ever going to happen....

I do not know the answer, or advocate any policies on the subject merely facing facts this will go on and on and on and on....

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It's getting worrying now. Neither the French or Germans seem to be able to cope with these incidents and seem to have no intelligence as to what is going on.

How we can be sure we are on top of it?

There is little that can be done to stop isolated nutters from committing an atrocity.
The three most recent attacks have all been committed by one individual at random locations.
I don't think there is any evidence to suggest these are part of a coordinated campaign.
That being the case there is going to be limited, if any, intelligence available.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Are you apologists going to continue to throw this tenuous mental health line out as an excuse for every act of mass violence perpetuated by these religious fanatics???

Don't edit my posts please, it's very infantile.

Most of us apologists understand that it's pretty much a pre-requisite to have mental health issues to commit these type of atrocities.
It seems that the opposite point of view is to believe the pre-requisite is to be Muslim.

Apparently this is a matter of opinion.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
The current tensions are very worrying, and grown up investigation / debate / action is required.

I have read enough if your opinions on most topics over the years to know that your 'look at me' posts are full of casual disdain and infantile barbs. Please don't sit yourself up on some higher ethical platform,... you are very ordinary.... don't forget it.

PS.. possibly the most spiteful and unpopular moderator in the history of NSC too.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Most of us apologists understand that it's pretty much a pre-requisite to have mental health issues to commit these type of atrocities.
It seems that the opposite point of view is to believe the pre-requisite is to be Muslim.

IS comprises tens of thousands of people, maybe hundreds of thousands. They are beheading, crucifying, torturing and amputating limbs from people who refuse to join their cause. They are commiting atrocities on a grand, genocidal scale. Are they all mentally ill?

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have read enough if your opinions on most topics over the years to know that your 'look at me' posts are full of casual disdain and infantile barbs. Please don't sit yourself up on some higher ethical platform,... you are very ordinary.... don't forget it.

PS.. possibly the most spiteful and unpopular moderator in the history of NSC too.

I'm absolutely not spiteful. Can't argue with anything else though.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Not necessarily. Not by a long chalk. There's countless examples of otherwise sane, rational people committing atrocities such as this where they are entirely politically motivated. Islam is an ideology and if you've been born into that and lived, eaten and slept it all your life and given that the Koran is morally dubious and bloodthirsty and if it's been taught by medieval hillbillies then it's not so difficult to understand why some people do the things they do. It's not because they're mentally ill but because they've been brainwashed.

So once again, I put blame not at the kid but at Islam.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Not necessarily. Not by a long chalk. There's countless examples of otherwise sane, rational people committing atrocities such as this where they are entirely politically motivated. Islam is an ideology and if you've been born into that and lived, eaten and slept it all your life and given that the Koran is morally dubious and bloodthirsty and if it's been taught by medieval hillbillies then it's not so difficult to understand why some people do the things they do. It's not because they're mentally ill but because they've been brainwashed.

The so-called Islamic State has released a video purporting to show an Afghan asylum seeker making threats before attacking a German train.
The 17-year-old injured four people with an axe and knife, one critically, in the attack in Wuerzburg on Monday evening. He was shot dead by police.
In the video, a young man brandishing a knife says he is an "IS soldier" preparing for a suicide mission.
German officials say they later found a hand-painted IS flag in his room.
The teenager reportedly shouted the Islamic phrase "Allahu akbar" ("God is great") during the attack

I still blame both, any decent person knows the difference between right and wrong, at some point you must question things.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

You honestly believe the overriding ideology of Islam is to kill innocent people?
To take that further, you really believe that the teachings of Islam are directly and singularly responsible for a young man attacking a train full of strangers with an axe?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You honestly believe the overriding ideology of Islam is to kill innocent people?

Of course not, I don't think there is an over-riding ideology as such but there are plenty of verses where killing of non-Muslims isn't only justified but promoted. If a particularly bloodthirsty Imam or branch of Islam makes a big point of that then in an impressionable mind it can become God's work.

To take that further, you really believe that the teachings of Islam are directly and singularly responsible for a young man attacking a train full of strangers with an axe?

In this case, yes.

Last edited:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Then most of you apologists are rather naïve, if you think that people doing dreadful things to others such as we heard about last night, must necessarily have mental health issues. If you hate enough, and have been brainwashed enough, then, sadly, sane and otherwise "normal" people are capable of anything. Also, somewhere in the mix in this case is the idea of Islam, whether you want to see it or not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here