Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The AXE man...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Unfortunately, mirror and other news sources reporting 17 year old Afghan was the perpetrator.

Fair enough. I just like to wait and see what the facts are with these things. We've all heard of attacks with this kind of weapon being carried out by individuals with mental health issues in the past, rather than political or religious motives. Taking it to the extreme, the mere fact that the individual in this case is reportedly from Afghanistan doesn't make it 100% certain that it was religiously motivated. It's possible- possible!- that he has his own psychological issues. Mental illness can happen to anyone, after all.

On the plus side, serious casualty levels appear much lower than first thought, which is something.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Lone Wolf attack, not representative of Islam, religion of peace, definitely not Islamic terrorism.

This is what is now getting scary, Nice was the same and so you are now going to get nutters just copying without the need of being a radical or anything else, just copycat cold blooded murder as I said earlier anytime, anyplace, anywhere, I know this has happened before Nice but it looks like it is going to really escalate, very worrying times in Europe, not a clue what the answer is.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Some of you racist people and your prejudices make me sick.

Islam is the religion of peace, please try to remember that in future.

helipilot

Jan 20, 2010
The events of the last week do back up the view that guns don't kill people, people kill people though. Just saying!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So basically it's a disturbed Afghan kid.

Sorry for those who have been hurt, and sorry that his short life came to this.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So basically it's a disturbed Afghan kid.

Sorry for those who have been hurt, and sorry that his short life came to this.

German police describing the background to the attack was "Islamist".

[tweet]755173261495992320[/tweet]

Obviously both of you are right here. He may indeed have been indoctrinated into radical warped Islamic ideology. Maybe he was unstable and was easily led. Maybe in his short life in a war zone, he experienced some pretty distressing things and times that drew him into it.

Not much benefit in trying to guess or presume, to my mind. The kid was the same age as my own (and yours). Neither a happy life nor end. I don't feel the inclination to judge him.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm not judging him, I'm judging his religion. There is something seriously wrong with it.

There's certainly something very seriously wrong with the take on it, in the minds of a small but significant faction of its followers. That point is beyond argument, id say.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Love seeing the lefties on here trying to find anything to blame apart from his religion.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Some of you racist people and your prejudices make me sick.

Islam is the religion of peace, please try to remember that in future.

Exactly sir!
People should know this by now as after every (and I've lost count now) Islamist Terrorist Attack we a forced to endure the same PC bullshit rhetoric by every politician and Muslim spokesperson about how we are not allowed to judge the religion of peace as a whole, obviously because we are all so naive and stupid that we all needed that explained to us again and again!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Good to see all the bigots out blaming the religion not the individual.

Atrocities are committed by disturbed people. Many disturbed people are influenced by radical religious views.
These are facts I will not dispute.

However Religion does not create disturbed people.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Good to see all the bigots out blaming the religion not the individual.

Atrocities are committed by disturbed people. Many disturbed people are influenced by radical religious views.
These are facts I will not dispute.

However Religion does not create disturbed people.

Absolutely right. Religious extremism is the excuse these mentally ill people use to justify carrying out the the crazy urges they have to harm others.

It's not religious, it's mental illness.

To stop these sick individuals we must do more to stop the ones who are influencing them, by urging them to do these acts of violence in the false name of religion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here