NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Too late

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
It will depend on where you are and your altitude.

There's a little feature coming our way this evening and into the night, bringing more organised showers. At the same time the airmass will be getting gradually colder. I'd say for coastal areas it will be rain to start, and we may see some snow before it ends. Inland and on the hills it may start as sleet or even snow and stay as snow.

So, the downs, especially those in Surrey / N Hants will be best placed, and the Sussex / Kent downs later. On the coast / lower down it will be marginal - but many will probably see some snow falling from 11pm onwards, but I don't expect much to settle away from the hill tops.

So ... best places to be in Sussex likely to be Crowborough and the A22 hill coming our of Nutley heading towards Wych Cross. From my experience, if there's going to be any snow at all those are the two places it'll be if it's marginal.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Seems there are a few marginal opportunities this week and into next. It’s a shame late Feb early March is the to late down here unless really cold air is pulled in. Days getting longer and sun getting more powerful when it’s actually out. I think we will see some but don’t have any expectation of it laying anywhere down here bar the top of the downs

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Seems there are a few marginal opportunities this week and into next. It’s a shame late Feb early March is the to late down here unless really cold air is pulled in. Days getting longer and sun getting more powerful when it’s actually out. I think we will see some but don’t have any expectation of it laying anywhere down here bar the top of the downs

Yes. Had to occurred in early January we'd have a much greater chance of snow here.

Looking at the data - tonight's chances are in red (1)

Thursday looks very unlikely here (2), but it could be interesting for the northern half of the UK

Saturday (3) has some potential, and then there's a lot of scatter later, but it's pretty cool to cold, so snow chances remain throughout (4)

Snow.png

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
BBC weather site showing 5 c and heavy snow in Lancing at 4 pm. I must have missed that

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Barely a cloud in the sky here in BN3 - hoping for no snow on the A27 towards Portsmouth in the next 24 hours !

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I was gardening this afternoon, crikey it was cold. Winter in SE England reduced to a fairly cold couple of days at the very end of February.

On that note, the BBC mentioned today that on this date last year, the British Isles recorded its highest ever winter daily max of 20.6C. That’s an average daily high in summer for us.

Man has screwed the planet’s climate.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
A nice bit of hail mid afternoon in Worthing. Probably the only sniff of the white stuff we will get, unless we venture into the dodgier parts of Brighton PR and Marketing world of course.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Steady wet snow in Saffron Walden. Send in the army.

Not seen one Government minister yet.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just rain in Findon. I’m glad, the garden would be like a desert without this. :down:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
It's been snowing for about the last 45 minutes here in That London. Not settling, of course.

Exciting times for a receptionist in our building, who'd never seen snow before (she's North African, at a guess?)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
A chance of a flurry or two on Saturday maybe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here