VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We are not going to get any Winter this season are we ? January was one of the warmest on record being about 2.5-3 c above normal and the whole of Europe is basking in warmth and has done for 2 months. This looks like the first winter ever we will have 0 cold days. An utter non event

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Texas going a bit screwy as well. Today potential record temp of approx. 25C (80F) and then tomorrow down to 8C (46F) as a cold front comes through. And then back to 20C on Thursday. Don't know whether to have my coffee hot or iced. Third world problems eh!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I see this thread bounced, I think ooooh, than aaaaahh.

I went to Oslo last week. I packed for extreme cold, and it was 5 degrees with clear skies. Bit nippy at night, and some piles of snow where the last fall had been ploughed into a pile, but that was it. Nice to see snow on the ground and frozen lakes in the hills from the plane, but it wasn't the visit to Arendelle I was hoping for

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
In Jackson Hole Wyoming, they had 11" of snow last night with another foot or so due in the next few days - now that's hardcore snowfall

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
In Jackson Hole Wyoming, they had 11" of snow last night with another foot or so due in the next few days - now that's hardcore snowfall

Nice neck of the woods - used it as my starting point for a fantastic trip visiting the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone a few years ago (not during winter, I hasten to add).

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Nice neck of the woods - used it as my starting point for a fantastic trip visiting the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone a few years ago (not during winter, I hasten to add).

Yes - nice place. Did a trip around Grand Teton NP on our day off to scope out the wildlife - amazing place.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Net weather showing potential for snow Monday night, early Tuesday morning?

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Net weather showing potential for snow Monday night, early Tuesday morning?

My Chinese indoors/outside temperature humidity weather sensing thing (with colour screen and external sensor), is showing snow on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, I think it might have a (corona?) virus (insert sneezing emoji here) punish:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Keeps switching from hail to snow and back here now. Screenshot_20200210-161049_Gallery.jpg

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
From the Midlands north, there's been snow or graupel falling from many of the showers crossing the UK.

As the colder air shifts a little further south, there's a chance of some wintry precipitation from about midnight through to tomorrow evening. Expect hail, sleet, snow, graupel, especially, but not exclusively over the downs.

It's not enough to make much difference to transport etc, and it won't settle for long, if at all, but it's the best I can offer.

IMG_20200210_134745.jpg
IMG_20200210_134332.jpg
IMG_20200210_134329.jpg

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
From the Midlands north, there's been snow or graupel falling from many of the showers crossing the UK.

As the colder air shifts a little further south, there's a chance of some wintry precipitation from about midnight through to tomorrow evening. Expect hail, sleet, snow, graupel, especially, but not exclusively over the downs.

It's not enough to make much difference to transport etc, and it won't settle for long, if at all, but it's the best I can offer.

Graupel! THat'll be it, thank you! Never heard of it!

Any idea why it's neary pitch black and sunset isn't for half an hour?!

Re transport, does that include here as I've got to drive to Manchester in the morning?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here