Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ah, I thought it was either that of the End of Times, good to have it clarified.

I can't rule out the End of Times, there have been indicators recently. It's not the most likely cause though.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It's not enough to make much difference to transport etc

This displays a commendable, and largely unwarranted, placing of trust in the robustness of Southern trains.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My wife has just got back from Northern Italy and she said she’d had a good eight inches whilst over there. I looked on the weather maps and thought it looked clear. She must have slipped in the snow though because she can hardly walk at the moment.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
My wife has just got back from Northern Italy and she said she’d had a good eight inches whilst over there. I looked on the weather maps and thought it looked clear. She must have slipped in the snow though because she can hardly walk at the moment.

Brilliant !

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It is a BONE CHILLING 8c here in mid february in Lancing. Will we get this through this ?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Attended family funeral in East Riding of Yorkshire this morning, left around 12.30 and we got hail, sleet and then persistent snow all the way down to Oxford.

We went (eventually) past three fairly serious accidents on the M1, M40 and A34 - latter involved upturned and burnt out car so likely fatalities I would have thought.

Over 8 hours drive and I was shitting myself on the South Yorks/Notts/Derby section of the M1, as bad as I have ever driven through.

EDIT: Apparently serious injuries but no fatalities in the A34 accident, they were very lucky.

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Just up the road from me , could it be a isolated snow storm ? nope just sea froth , still got 55mph winds here with more to come over the weekend 85mph !

84042389_2431284826971249_7362911436814680064_n.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The game is up. 14 c by Sunday and no cold anywhere on the horizon so it looks like over the 3 winter months the coldest max daytime temperature we will have had was 6C 43F then a few at 7C 45F but mainly in double figures. I am sure there has never been a winter on record with 0 cold days or below average temperature days over the whole period. Will be around 2.5C above average. Extraordinary

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Nice. I see there is a chance of some white stuff further South on Sunday morning?

Possibly - maybe even a flake or 2 overnight Monday into Tuesday. Both are very marginal, and reliant on lows tracking close the south of England.

As 'sods law' would dictate - early March looks quite good for cold synoptics. Just when it's meant to be warming up.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I have a feeling we will see a slight dusting tonight.

What do you reckon??

It will depend on where you are and your altitude.

There's a little feature coming our way this evening and into the night, bringing more organised showers. At the same time the airmass will be getting gradually colder. I'd say for coastal areas it will be rain to start, and we may see some snow before it ends. Inland and on the hills it may start as sleet or even snow and stay as snow.

So, the downs, especially those in Surrey / N Hants will be best placed, and the Sussex / Kent downs later. On the coast / lower down it will be marginal - but many will probably see some snow falling from 11pm onwards, but I don't expect much to settle away from the hill tops.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here