Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Nothing likely in the foreseeable.

Looking windy, wet and mild tomorrow, then we get 3 or 4 days of relative high pressure, so less rain but still breezy in a brisk SW wind. Next week (maybe from late Monday) looks pretty unsettled, gale force winds and rain.

Not good, could you book just one very hard frost please?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Looks like climate change is reducing the chances of snow every year in the south east of England. Also the Summer's are increasingly becoming uncomfortably hot, for me at least.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yes looks like a total black out this year. Barely a sniff of frost let alone the proper white stuff.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Metcheck currently 3.5c above normal. Mildest January ever so far. The whole of europe is warm, not a cold spot anywhere

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
Metcheck currently 3.5c above normal. Mildest January ever so far. The whole of europe is warm, not a cold spot anywhere

I lived in Zurich for 3 years, and central Europe was experiencing very high summer temperatures (34 C on many days) and very mild winters. All different to the histoical averages. My in-laws in Russia said that there has barely been a winter nor much snow there so far, either. Something is up for sure.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I lived in Zurich for 3 years, and central Europe was experiencing very high summer temperatures (34 C on many days) and very mild winters. All different to the histoical averages. My in-laws in Russia said that there has barely been a winter nor much snow there so far, either. Something is up for sure.

I blame arsonists... I believe that's the latest 'excuse'

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
According to local forecasts it will be 13 degrees at 02.00 Wednesday. Somethings up!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Do you think if we hit page 1500 it will start snowing in celebration? or will that be for the 15,000th post in this thread (also very near). I wonder if all threads average 10 posts a page?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
2019/2020, the year without a winter. It has been extraordinarily warm not just here but all over Europe. Moscow 6 c today, average -5 c. The whole of Europe has had no winter at all

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
2019/2020, the year without a winter. It has been extraordinarily warm not just here but all over Europe. Moscow 6 c today, average -5 c. The whole of Europe has had no winter at all

And it will get worse, and, may never get any better, I think we have ruined the planet beyond salvation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here