Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
for those of use hoping for snow, there's little in the data to support that.

graphe_ens4_qxl8.gif

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Not looking good for this season. Whole of Europe around 5-10 c above normal every day. Moscow 6 c by day, should be - 5 c. No end to SW/W and Easterly wouldn't even be cold anyway. Could be a complete no show, again

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not looking good for this season. Whole of Europe around 5-10 c above normal every day. Moscow 6 c by day, should be - 5 c. No end to SW/W and Easterly wouldn't even be cold anyway. Could be a complete no show, again
At some point we will get some but, given the general Air/ground temperatures so far this winter it's going to probably melt in hours.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The Year Without A Winter?

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Hoping for snow is the only thing that gets me through Jan and Feb...

Would love to build a snowman with my 3 year old... he’s not seen snow yet

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

Yeah, forecast for the rest of the month is mild and changeable, with strong south-westerlies prevailing.

Jet stream showing no sign of veering further south, which would allow colder easterlies to become established.

We've already got snowdrops and irises out, about a month early.

I really do like a Beast-from-the-East for a few days each winter, but at the moment, there's no sign of one whatsoever.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Don't really need winter clothes anymore. Jumpers and jackets do the job.

Big coats, hats , gloves and scarves a thing of the past ....... unless your soft

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Don't really need winter clothes anymore. Jumpers and jackets do the job.

Big coats, hats , gloves and scarves a thing of the past ....... unless your soft

I don't know - it was a tad nippy on Durrington station platform yesterday morning at 7am.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Year Without A Winter?

There was one in the late 80s. Family walk on Hampstead Heath, rats all over the little bridge, eating the seeds people had put out forthe birds....

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
We need a light snowfall or very hard frost otherwise the Garlic crops will be knackered, I tell thee!

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We need a light snowfall or very hard frost otherwise the Garlic crops will be knackered, I tell thee!

Nothing likely in the foreseeable.

Looking windy, wet and mild tomorrow, then we get 3 or 4 days of relative high pressure, so less rain but still breezy in a brisk SW wind. Next week (maybe from late Monday) looks pretty unsettled, gale force winds and rain.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Nothing likely in the foreseeable.

Looking windy, wet and mild tomorrow, then we get 3 or 4 days of relative high pressure, so less rain but still breezy in a brisk SW wind. Next week (maybe from late Monday) looks pretty unsettled, gale force winds and rain.

For snow-lovers like me, this is proving to be an extremely disappointing winter :tantrum:

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
For snow-lovers like me, this is proving to be an extremely disappointing winter :tantrum:

Agreed. Given the likely impact of Climate Change locally, it may be something worth getting used to, at least until Greenland melts and the Gulf Stream fails.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here