[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
And the pendulum swings back again.. the 12Z GFS is much better for cold weather until at least the end of next week.

And the UKMO output is equally as good.

All models are showing a definite E/W split, with much colder air over the East (and SE) than further West. We're well placed in the potential evolution.

The Monday evening to Tuesday weather looks very interesting.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Some great charts from what I've seen. Wouldn't be surprised if we saw a good dumping of the white stuff early next week. Except in Worthing though, you'll just get rain :thumbsup:

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Some great charts from what I've seen. Wouldn't be surprised if we saw a good dumping of the white stuff early next week. Except in Worthing though, you'll just get rain :thumbsup:

The rain, as I mentioned earlier will be more likely the further west you are, especially on Monday.

The model output is quite impressive, across the board tonight.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
f***ing hell. I'm supposed to working outdoors from Monday. Shit.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Papa on a scale of 1 - 10 10 being confidant.... What u reckon the chances of the white stuff in East Sussex

Once again - do you mean any time in the next week - I'd say 90-95%

On a specific date - less sure - Monday Pm - 75-80% - so still a a good chance

That's not to say it's guaranteed to be deep or settle everywhere.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

Latest GFS model now agreeing with the other models and forecasts approx 23cm of snow for London and the SE between Monday and Wednesday! [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] does this seem correct?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Latest GFS model now agreeing with the other models and forecasts approx 23cm of snow for London and the SE between Monday and Wednesday! [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] does this seem correct?

That seems about right, with the higher values over high ground. The Monday snow could be very disruptive.

Before then, Sunday morning could be like an ice rink as the rain, sleet and snow clears, the temps could tumble. It all depends on the timing of the clearance.

As an aside, anyone who knows Durrington well will probably know of Pond Lane. Thanks to the months of rain, springs have appeared all along the Southern edge of Durrington Rec, as well as the driveways of houses on Durrington Hill and all along Pond Lane itself, including in the road surface.

If we get a couple of property cold nights, that's going to be the mother if all ice rinks, as the springs will keep flowing and then freezing. Nice.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
That seems about right, with the higher values over high ground. The Monday snow could be very disruptive.

Before then, Sunday morning could be like an ice rink as the rain, sleet and snow clears, the temps could tumble. It all depends on the timing of the clearance.

As an aside, anyone who knows Durrington well will probably know of Pond Lane. Thanks to the months of rain, springs have appeared all along the Southern edge of Durrington Rec, as well as the driveways of houses on Durrington Hill and all along Pond Lane itself, including in the road surface.

If we get a couple of property cold nights, that's going to be the mother if all ice rinks, as the springs will keep flowing and then freezing. Nice.

sounds like I need to get me ski boots out the loft:clap2:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
You lot better be right , her indoors is now expecting a good 2 inches monday night .

You off out for the night then Tay?

Lush

Mods' Pet

You'd have thought, when buying a house, you might have spotted the obvious clue in the name ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports