Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
You'd have thought, when buying a house, you might have spotted the obvious clue in the name ...

You would, but they've only just finished building a couple of 'in keeping with the existing houses' semi detached cottages there, and guess what, the spring has sprung up right in the middle of their shared drive, and its now under six inches of continually replenished water.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Re: The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

Lidl still have Snowchains in stock at the Brighton branch ! Hurry !

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

Metcheck now showing heavy rain with a touch of sleet tomorrow, will have to wait another day for snow.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
To be fair, i'm not sure anything was going to come off tomorrow anyway. We might get a few wintry showers Saturday night but nothing of note.
Expect the fun and games to start Monday PM rush hour.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
To be fair, i'm not sure anything was going to come off tomorrow anyway. We might get a few wintry showers Saturday night but nothing of note.
Expect the fun and games to start Monday PM rush hour.

Yes, anything tomorrow is a bonus. The real fun starts sun, mon, tues

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
You'd have thought, when buying a house, you might have spotted the obvious clue in the name ...

What's in a silly road name.

Kind regards

Bevendean Hillbilly,
Deluge Lodge,
Tsunami Way,
Torrent - on- Catastrophe
Essex
SOS 3RIP

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
BBC saying no snow down here on TV forecast today. Daily Express headline is a pure panic about snow

Which ways it going ?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Down in Sussex I doubt we will see any lying snow over the next 48 hours, you need heavy snow after it's been raining to settle, and it's only meant to be light stuff. So we might see some snow falling tonight, but not really settling (apart from Downs, that might get a dusting). Monday for me there is still a nagging doubt as it's not clear the exact tract of the LP coming down from the north. All it needs to do is end up further east and we'll end up with rain! We should know for sure by the 12z runs tomorrow night.

So from Tues to Thur/Fri it's still looking cold with snow showers coming in from the East/North East with potential for troughs popping up at short notice. After that there is divergence in the Models, UKMO, GEM and GFS to an extent is still pretty blocked but ECM is having none of it, so surprise surprise there is no agreement past T96! If you want cold to continue then pray that UKMO is right, mildies will want the ECM right!

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
Down in Sussex I doubt we will see any lying snow over the next 48 hours, you need heavy snow after it's been raining to settle, and it's only meant to be light stuff. So we might see some snow falling tonight, but not really settling (apart from Downs, that might get a dusting). Monday for me there is still a nagging doubt as it's not clear the exact tract of the LP coming down from the north. All it needs to do is end up further east and we'll end up with rain! We should know for sure by the 12z runs tomorrow night.

So from Tues to Thur/Fri it's still looking cold with snow showers coming in from the East/North East with potential for troughs popping up at short notice. After that there is divergence in the Models, UKMO, GEM and GFS to an extent is still pretty blocked but ECM is having none of it, so surprise surprise there is no agreement past T96! If you want cold to continue then pray that UKMO is right, mildies will want the ECM right!
bloody hell!!! sounds like trying to explain the offside rule:moo:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Re: The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

BBC saying no snow down here on TV forecast today. Daily Express headline is a pure panic about snow

Which ways it going ?

Daily Express is ALWAYS weather based panic, house prices or Princess Diana. Ignore it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Daily Express is ALWAYS weather based panic, house prices or Princess Diana. Ignore it.

But to be fair, this is the most extreme extreme weather Daily Express headline has had on a saturday for three weeks I believe.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Looks very marginal monday if youre on the coast - onshore SW winds will ruin dew points and damage our snow chances

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here