Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
On Friday night on the top road that we use to travel over to my partners family in Saddleworth it was sleeting heavily at the highest point which peaks at about 1,600ft. As soon as we dropped down the other side it was rain again. Next Saturday and Tuesday is showing as snow up here on some sights. Any idea if it will amount to anything and time to dig out the sledge?!

I think you might see a covering at least at some point over the weekend.

This is the latest GFS for your neck of the woods. Looks promising

graphe_ens3_fts6.gif

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
For Sussex, the chances are less, but still 35% isn't terrible

graphe_ens3_san1.gif

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A good chance 18C 64F will be reached today, so far the average temperature in November is about 5C 10F above normal, every day and night. All we will get over the weekend is a couple of days where the temperature will go back to normal and then mild again next week

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
A good chance 18C 64F will be reached today, so far the average temperature in November is about 5C 10F above normal, every day and night. All we will get over the weekend is a couple of days where the temperature will go back to normal and then mild again next week

And? You say this like it's some sort of revelation. It's been mild and wet so far this winter.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
On one hand we have "it's been warm, it won't snow" and on the other we have science. I know which one I'd rather trust.

Saying "it won't snow" repeatedly means you will nearly always be right because most of the time it doesn't snow. That doesn't validate your reasoning however.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
On one hand we have "it's been warm, it won't snow" and on the other we have science. I know which one I'd rather trust.

Saying "it won't snow" repeatedly means you will nearly always be right because most of the time it doesn't snow. That doesn't validate your reasoning however.

This is all good and true of course but then our US has been saying that it won't snow on here for a good 15 years at least. Speaking as a creature of habit, I obviously hope he continues to; it's a seasonal tradition with more long-standing credibility than, say, a John Lewis advert.

Memorably, he once posted on here that it wouldn't snow while it was actually snowing.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This is all good and true of course but then our US has been saying that it won't snow on here for a good 15 years at least. Speaking as a creature of habit, I obviously hope he continues to; it's a seasonal tradition with more long-standing credibility than, say, a John Lewis advert.

Memorably, he once posted on here that it wouldn't snow while it was actually snowing.

Great call MOH ! Seriously though all that will happen in reality is that at the weekend temperatures will be around normal for the time of year, 9C for a couple of days instead of about 5C above normal everyday. It is 18C 64F at Heathrow at 11 am today

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

6 weeks of snow it is then

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Seen latest back to very mild on monday

Flex Your Head

Met Office said:
UK Outlook for Wednesday 2 Dec 2015 to Wednesday 16 Dec 2015:

It will be often unsettled through the first half of December with showers or longer periods of rain affecting many parts. The wettest and windiest weather is likely to occur across northern and northwestern areas, and as is usual for this time of year there will be some sleet or snow at times in the north. Southern and southeastern parts should be generally less unsettled, although even here rain or showers are likely at times. The temperature should be mostly near or slightly above normal, with frosts likely in any quieter periods.

Updated at: 0124 on Wed 18 Nov 2015

Tsk!

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

I'd say parts of East Sussex might see falling snow Saturday morning - more likely with a bit of altitude. Other than that it's going to be chilly, brighter on Sunday with an overnight frost, and back to the same old sh*t next week.

So, no Ice Age. The Scottish ski resorts will get a nice covering.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'd say parts of East Sussex might see falling snow Saturday morning - more likely with a bit of altitude. Other than that it's going to be chilly, brighter on Sunday with an overnight frost, and back to the same old sh*t next week.

So, no Ice Age. The Scottish ski resorts will get a nice covering.

Will Burnley get some snow tomorrow? It's probably a good thing, now, it's being played on Sunday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here